Betrayal

Tony had gone to Afghanistan to save that little town but almost got his identity blown when the army got involved. His mind was now turned to Victoria.

He was inside his house, alone. He had just sent Pepper to take information from his computer at his office. He sat down on his couch. He hadn't even sat down for two seconds when a strong ringing flared in his ears. He couldn't move, he was paralyzed.

"Oh Tony, I thought you'd be more perceptive." A voice said.

Obadiah walked out from behind the couch. And stood right above Tony.

"Well, I am really happy to see you like this. It was only fate that you survived that attack that I sent..."

Tony had enough will power to widen his eyes in surprise.

"... but you, heh, you gave me something that I never could have hoped for." Obadiah said.

Obadiah stood up and pulled out a little device from his pocket. He attached it to the arc reactor in Tony's chest. He pulled it out and broke the cord that was keeping the arc reactor attached.

"Oh Tony, it's beautiful. Your father helped give us the atomic bomb, now what kind of world would it be if he was as selfish and distracted as you..."

Confusion and guilt flashed in Tony's mind, the pain of the shrapnel moving in his chest was almost unbearable.

"...oh, and I thought that I should tell you. I was the one who kidnapped Victoria..."

Surprise over took Tony, why would Obadiah take her? It was soon replaced with bitter rage. The anger burned in Tony's veins.

"...she is not dead, well she is in a state worse than death..."

Tony had enough will power to ball his fists until they were white. Obadiah saw this and chuckled.

"...I guess that I have no more use for her. I extracted information from her mind, I know the inner workings of the arc reactor. Of course that put her into a state of confinement. She is trapped in her own mind..."

Tony wanted to kill him. How could he do this to her!?

"... well, even if you survive this, you'll never find her. And if you do, she will probably be dead." Obadiah said.

He stood up and started walking to the door. He opened it then he turned around.

"You know, you never had a chance with her." Obadiah concluded.

He then walked outside and shut the door. Tony was left on the couch paralyzed and was being taken over by rage. Fifteen minutes later Tony came out of the paralyzed state. He stood up and tried to walk but he almost collapsed.

  He stumbled his way downstairs to his workshop. Earlier him and Pepper had replaced his original arc reactor with a new and improved one. He found it sitting on a table. He finally collapsed to the ground and started crawling to the table.

He was almost there when he finally ran out of strength. He fell and stayed on the ground looking up at the ceiling. Suddenly he saw the arc reactor in the little Pinchers of Butterfingers. It was lowering the arc reactor to Tony.

"Good boy." Tony said.

Then he mustered all of his strength to grab it and plug it into his chest. He breathed heavily and laid on the ground. Suddenly Rhodey walked into his workshop.

"Tony!?" Rhodey shouted.

He ran over to Tony and helped him up. Tony grabbed Rhodey's shirt.

"Where's Pepper?" Tony asked.

"She is at the factory, she is going with six SHIELD agents, they are about to arrest Obadiah." Rhodey replied.

"That's not going to be enough." Tony said.

Tony got into his suit and got ready to fly to his factory. Rhodey was walking around him and examining the suit.

"Dang!" Rhodey said.

"Like it? Thanks." Tony said.

"What do you want me to do?" Rhodey asked.

"Keep the sky's clear." Tony said.

Then Tony's mask clamped down and covered his face. His repulsers turned on and he flew out of his garage which was connected to his workshop.