The tension builds

Tony and Bruce finished the work on the radiation detector and now they were sitting on one of the tables looking at a screen.

"So this is what Victoria had been doing for... almost whole day?" Bruce asked.

On the screen there were lines of code and many progress bars decoding anything that got in the virus's way.

"Yeah, it's almost done. Two more minutes." Tony said.

Tony paused and looked at the lab door. He sighed then looked back at the screen.

"What's up Tony?" Bruce asked.

"Victoria... she's not back yet. It's been almost two hours." Tony said.

"Are you worried?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know? I just want to see her again. She went off with Steve." Tony said.

"Hey maybe that's her now." Bruce said pointing to the door.

A shadow was passing the door and coming in. As the person came more clearly into view it was obvious that it was not Victoria, it was Nick. Tony let out a disappointed sigh.

"Sorry Tony I thought that it would be her." Bruce whispered.

"It's fine." Tony replied.

"What are you doing Mr. Stark?" Nick asked.

Seeing that it was Nick, Tony wasn't too disappointed anymore. This was the perfect opportunity to talk to him about what just popped up on his screen.

"Uh, I have been wondering the same about you." Tony replied.

"You are supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Nick said.

"We are, the model is complete it's tracking the signature now. If we get a hit it will give us a location within a half a mile radius." Bruce said.

"Don't worry we'll get the cube back no muss, no fuss..." Tony looked back on his screen. "...what is phase two?"

Suddenly they all heard a bang. They all looked to see what it was. Steve was standing above a table and the weapon that he had was laid out on top of the table. Victoria had her arms crossed standing behind him.

"Phase two is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons, sorry the computer was moving a little slow for us." Steve said.

"Victoria your back!" Tony said with relief in his voice.

Victoria smiled then turned to Nick.

"Nick why didn't you tell us this before hand?"

"Lockhart, Rogers, we gathered everything that we could related to the Tesseract, this does not mean-" Nick was interupted by Tony.

"Uh, I'm sorry Nick..." Tony got up and pulled his screen over and it showed the designs that Victoria saw. "...what were you lying?"

"I was wrong director, the world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said.

Thor and Natasha walked into the room at that exact moment.

"Nick, it makes no sense. Why are you making weapons in the first place?" Victoria said.

Nick was hesitant to respond. Bruce looked over at Natasha.

"Did you know about this?" He asked.

"Are you thinking about removing yourself from this environment doc?" Natasha asked.

"I was in Kolkata, I was pretty well removed." Bruce said.

"Loki is manipulating you." Natasha said.