A dance...a formal dance

Tony sat in his chair with his legs crossed on top of a table. He was watching a video of a woman with auburn hair and blue eyes talking to the press. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress and she had her long hair up in a diamond barrette. She was talking about the events of an accident in a factory located in San Diego.

"We are so sorry to all the families that have lost loved ones, and for those people whose lives have been changed forever. I wrote this, bare with me if it is corny:

Sometimes, life doesn't follow the path that we forged for it. The unexpected winds of change can blow away the thin cut path that we spent time and effort making. But, be reminded that the winds if change came too you because they knew that you would be strong enough to recreate that path, compromise with life and work together to create a new path and leave the old broken one behind you. Be reminded that you are strong enough, not just to make it all on your own, but strong enough to call for aid. Relay your path and do not be afraid to ask others for help, and I am always open to help you.

I will always be here, if you ask I will come. If you are feeling lonely or depressed because of the events in the factory, remember that you can always come to me, for anything, even to complain. Thank you for your time." She concluded.

Tony's heart melted, he watched her walk off and spun in his chair. He was in the basement of his Mansion in Malibu California, his workshop. JARVIS, Tony's AI, suddenly started to speak. Tony quickly turned off his holographic screen.

"Sir, are you still going to the Christmas party in Los Angeles? I need to book a reservation." He asked.

"I don't know JARVIS, I am a little tired of those parties." Tony replied.

"Sir, Obadiah insists that you come." JARVIS said.

"All we are going to do is sit there and watch everybody dance with somebody, maybe even listen to a presentation." Tony replied.

"Sir, you could always just go ask a woman to dance, it's not that difficult. You've done it a million times over the years, what's so difficult about it now?" JARVIS asked.

"I just can't dance with any woman anymore. I just don't get the same feeling anymore, it's just disappeared." Tony responded.

"It's because of her isn't it." JARVIS said.

Suddenly the holographic screen came back up and it showed a picture of the woman, Victoria, at a children's hospital. Tony looked over and sighed.

"Sir, she is out of reach." JARVIS said.

"I know, I just...I don't know! She's done something to me. And I don't know if I will ever be the same. "...Unexpected winds of change can blow away the thin cut path that we spent time and effort making..." JARVIS what if this was meant to happen, just like Victoria said in her own words." Tony said.

"Sir, I don't think that she will agree, at all." JARVIS responded.

"JARVIS, I need a list of all the celebrity guests going to that Christmas party." Tony said.

"Tom Cruise, Jamie Kennedy, Vi-" JARVIS stopped then continued.

"Victoria Lockhart." JARVIS concluded.

"Victoria is going to that party?" Tony asked.

"She is signed up as a celebrity guest." JARVIS replied.

"I'm going, I need to pick a suit." Tony said.

He got up out of his chair and walked upstairs to his bedroom.

"Sir, the party is in two weeks and, are you sure that you only want to go to this party just to see the woman that probably despises you more than anyone on the planet." JARVIS asked.

"I'll find a way to make it up to her JARVIS." Tony replied.

"Sir, I highly doubt that you could do anything to win her trust." JARVIS said.

"Don't worry, we'll talk about it over a dance." Tony said.

"Sir, were you even listening to me earlier. She will never accept a dance from you." JARVIS reminded him.

"This is a formal Christmas party, and if I formally ask her...well, she's a stickler for formalities." Tony said.

JARVIS sighed and Tony smiled.