I am Ironman/What's happening to me?

The next day a giant press conference was being held to explain what in the heck happened the night before and what in the heck happened to Victoria. Tony and Victoria were in a room waiting. Tony was reading a newspaper article about the "Ironman", a hero that fought off the giant metal man (Obadiah). Victoria was behind him looking over his shoulder.

"So they are calling you Ironman?" Victoria asked.

"Yeah, they say that I am a hero." Tony replied.

"You were my hero." Victoria said.

Tony smiled and Victoria bent down and kissed his cheek.

Suddenly a SHIELD agent named Phil Coulson walked into the room with little three by five cards in his hands. There were two sets.

"These are your alibis." He said.

He handed one set to Tony and the other set to Victoria. Victoria read the first five lines.

"I was in Hawaii?" Victoria asked.

"Yes, we have undercover agents who are claiming that they saw you, to cover up the fact that you got kidnapped." Phil replied.

"Oh, okay." Victoria said.

She turned around and read the rest of what was written on the card. Suddenly she heard over fifty voices talking at the same time. They were getting louder and Victoria was starting to get annoyed. She turned around to look at Phil.

"Hey, agent Coulson, can you please tell the reporters in that room to quiet down?" Victoria asked.

Phil raised a confused eyebrow and looked at Tony who also looked confused.

"What is it?" Victoria asked.

"Victoria, nobody is talking. Not even me and Agent Coulson." Tony said.

"What?" Victoria asked.

She ran her fingers through her hair. She knew that she heard voices, she was sure that she heard them. Suddenly she heard Tony talking but he wasn't moving his lips and no sound was coming out of his mouth.

"Maybe I should ask her if she is okay?"

"What the heck!? What is happening to me!?" Victoria thought.

She felt like her mind was exploding with questions and concerns. Suddenly Tony stood up and walked to Victoria. He put his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

Victoria wanted to say no, she was hearing peoples thoughts and she was reading peoples minds. But she decided to lie.

"Uh, my head is still spinning a little bit. I mean it's only been a day since I woke up. I am still a little tired and I just- I don't know." She said.

Tony hugged her.

"Hey, I understand. I probably would not be okay in your position." Tony said.

She hugged him back and buried her face into his shoulder. Tony still felt like something was wrong with Victoria, but he didn't act on it.

"Mr. Stark, Ms. Lockhart, the press conference is going to start in a couple minutes." Phil said.

Tony let go and held out his arm for her to take. She smiled and put her arm around his. Together they walked behind the stage then let go of each other and walked up to the pulpit.

Victoria got up first and started to explain what happened to her in, Hawaii. The press was completely convinced, it surprised Victoria at how convinced they were.

She sat back down and put her hand on her forehead. She seemed to have a mild headache. Tony explained that he was not involved in the events of last night.

"... I'm just not the hero type." He said.

"We never said that you were." A reporter said.

Victoria suddenly read Tony's mind, she smiled and put her head down. She knew what he was going to say next.

"The truth is..." Tony paused and held the cards up to look at them.

"I am Ironman." He said.

All the reporters jumped up out of their seats and ran towards the pulpit.

"One question at a time." A body guard said.

There were so many people, Victoria grabbed the side of her chair. Suddenly she felt a strap holding her hand down. She felt strapped to the chair even though there was nothing there. She started to hyperventilate, she was having a PTSD attack. Then a blistering migraine flared in her head.

"Ugh, would everyone just stop moving!" She quietly said.

Victoria's eyes turned white for a couple seconds then all of the reporters froze in their positions. They weren't frozen in ice but they just stopped moving. Phil stood up from his seat and ran up the side of the stage.

"What the heck is going on?" He asked Tony.

"I-I don't know, I didn't do anything." Tony replied.

As Phil and Tony were talking, Victoria was contemplating what just happened and realized that she was the reason that they froze.

"How did I do that?" Victoria thought.

"Victoria do you have any idea what happened?" Phil asked.

She looked up and lied again.

"No, I have no idea." She replied.

"What do we do now?" Tony asked.

Phil walked to a reporter and checked their pulse.

"They are still alive, something in their brain must have caused them to stop moving." Phil said.

"But would all of them just decide to stop at the same time? It seems like they were forced to stop, like something or someone is controlling them." Tony said.

"Yeah, but who?" Phil asked.

"I don't know." Tony said.

Phil pulled out a walkie-talkie and clicked a button on it.

"I need a full perimeter sweep of the area. I want every room in this place checked." Phil said.

Victoria was trying her best to undo what she just did, however, she didn't know how. She looked at all of the reporters and then looked at Tony and saw how concerned he was. She looked back at the reporters. Her eyes suddenly turned white and the reporters started to move again.

"What the-" Tony said.

All of the reporters were quiet for a good few minutes then jumped back up and started to ask Tony questions, as if it never happened. He was stunned and Phil joined the search with the other SHIELD agents to find out what exactly happened.

"How did I do that?" Victoria asked herself.