Chapter 10: Family Reunion

* 2 days later, Haydee'sPOV*

Since that incident with Michael, I had to get away. I told the principal at the school that I had family issues so I had to be gone for a few days, luckly he understood.

I packed my bags and stayed with my parents for a couple of days.

They live only 30 minutes from me, so it was a good drive. As I was driving, I started to think about Em, I haven't heard from her in a few days. I hope she is ok, I wonder what is going on??

I drive up to the gate and punch in the code, the gates slowly open and I continue to drive up the hill til I got to their house.

I parked the car and grabbed my bags and walked up the door where I was greeted by my mom.

"Hello Hay baby" my mom said squeezing me, as I tried to walk into the house

"Hey mama, where's daddy?" I asked sitting my bags down and one of the maids coming to pick it up.

"Dad's in the gym right now, you can go down if you want or you can stay and help me with dinner?" she said rubbing my back

She is only saying that because she wants to be up in my business, like who I'm dating, and stuff. Typical mother.

"Umm. . . . I'll go see dad then I'll come help you okay?" I said walking down the hall to the gym area, "Okay baby" she said walking into the kitchen.

I walked up to the big glass window and tapped on it, my dad was streching but turned around and had a big smile plastered on his face.

I opened the door, walked in and gave him a big hug, "Hi daddy" he kissed my forehead "Hey HayBug, how you been?"

"I'm ok, just wanted to be up here with you and mom for a couple days"

"I know, mom told me but how have you really been Haydee" my dad gives me his serious face, he is the only person that can read me like a book. If something's wrong he will know and will find out.

"Daddy, can you tell me some more stories about grandma Hannah?" I asked changing the subject

"HayBug.. . . you know all there is to know about your grandmother." He says walking away like he is hiding something

"Daddy. . . . . . .  did grandma Hannah. . . . . . .  ever do anything. . . . .. .like bad" I say following him out of the gym

He grabbed a towel from one of the maids and headed to his study. "HayBug, I don't know I wasn't around grandma Hannah's time" he says still not looking at me

"DADDY" I yell

He stops walking and turns around to face me "Babygirl, I. . . .  don't know anything" he says, I down my head "but. . . . .  if you think there is more to Hannah then go to her house, were having a get together with the rest of the family, tomorrow is her birthday" I lift my head back up and smile "ok daddy" I walked up to him and kissed his cheek and left him so I could go help mom in the kitchen.

"Alright mom, what you making?" I ask washing my hands

"Grilled Chicken marinated in lemon and potatoes" she says cutting the peppers

I grab a strainer and start washing off the potatoes.

* Michael's POV*

Mm tomorrow is Hannah's birthday and I will get her when she least expects it.

I can't believe I let myself get caught up like that, but don't worry that won't happen again. No matter how beautiful she is, or how she smells.

I shake my head "What am I saying?? I hate this girl" I keep telling myself, pacing back and forth