Needing the Tragedy - Rewritten

GABBY'S POV

“And you’re sure you want to keep it? Rhi, this will destroy Aana. Can you do that to her?” I asked Rihana, keeping my voice down so nobody would hear. Rihana was definitely pregnant and she definitely wanted to keep it, even with it being Joe’s. She had her mind made up and there was nothing I could do to change it. When this came out, which it would, Aana and Joe would be over.

“This isn’t the time Rhi, I’m sorry but I just don’t have the bloody time. You ignored me for nearly three months and now it’s the day of the finals where I’m supposed to be right now, you decide to talk? I don’t know if you know but it’s my wedding in a freaking week, I fly out to Paris to-fucking-morrow. I have to go ok?” I said, picking up my bag and walking out towards the door.

“Wait Gabby, it hurts, I’m in pain, please. I think I need to go to hospital.” Rhi called in desperation.

“Seriously Rhi? You think pretending to be in pain is going to make me stop going to the game and listen to your situation. I try to be a good friend, but when you slept with Aana’s boyfriend and got pregnant, I can’t help. I’m not choosing between you and Aana, especially when you’re in the wrong!” I growled, slamming the door behind me and stepping into the taxi which Mark had sent for me.

----.----------------------.--------------------.--------------

“I’m so proud of you baby!” I screamed, jumping into Mark’s arms as the final buzzer went off. That’s it. It was over. The basketball, the pretending, Lilly-Rose. There were a few gasps as I obviously wasn’t her and our relationship wasn’t totally in the open. Mark walked straight up to the platform where the Mic was placed, with me still in his arms.

“First of all, I would like to thank everybody here tonight for the support and the encouragement that me and the rest of the team have received since the start of our journey. So much has happened over that time period, some of it public knowledge and some of it not. So, I’ve said my thank you’s, next on my list is to tell you guys what you deserve to. A few months ago, some of you may know that I was with Miss Lilly-Rose. However, I didn’t love her, I didn’t even know her. The match she was introduced to you, was the match she was introduced me. A publicity stunt. I went along, because my career depended on it but although I kept my career I lost the one I really loved, Miss Gabrielle Greene. So I proposed a few weeks ago, she said yes. We’re getting married Christmas Day in Paris with close friends and family. So there it is, the real and beautiful truth.” Mark said, waving to the crowd who were going mental. I waved with him and walked with him to the back.

“I love you even more.” I said, pressing my lips to his.

“So are you all packed?” He asked, grinning at me. I nodded and took his hand, walking back out on to the court where the teams were having pictures done and interviews. I ran up to Aana and Lottie, wrapping my arms around them both. I congratulated the rest of the boys and pulled Joe over to the side.

“Gabrielle, I promise I won’t hurt her again ok, please. Trust me.” Joe automatically muttered. He deserved to know, he deserved to feel the pain that Aana would when she would find out, because she would.

“You slept with Rihana, didn’t you?” I asked, straight to the point.

“Gab-” Before he could finish his pathetic excuse I stopped him, pushing him against the wall. I

“Listen here Joey boy, you give me one shitty little answer and I will claw your fucking balls so quick you won’t be able to conceive again. With or without Aana.” I growled, trying not to kill him with my bare hands.

“Honestly I can’t remember. I went out one night after the game, after I left Aana and she was there. Rihana. We had a lot to drink, after that I can’t remember. I don’t know what happened. In the morning she wasn’t there, I was alone, so I assumed nothing happened. How did you find out?”