Is The Best-Friend Better? - REWRITTEN

GABBY'S POV -  

Oh my god, I just slapped him and now I’m running. I don’t run. So not my thing. Not to mention, I’m in the middle of freaking nowhere. Although I was pretty clear of people, which was a good thing. Or not? I reached a tiny park which was empty and looked peaceful. Plus I’m a sucker for swings. I swayed back and forth and closed my eyes. Giving myself a minute to think. Mark. I was pretty much out of it last night so I didn’t realise how much hot he was. I have to say when I saw him this morning he looked like shit. His house was gorgeous and I needed his cars. They were just heavenly. Do you think I would be able to black mail him into giving me the Audi? I was suddenly knocked out of my thoughts when a voice interrupted everything. Asshole.

“What’s a pretty girl like yourself doing out here alone?” someone said, following a few chuckles. Someone was going to get slapped. I turned to face them and anxiety ran through my veins. They were tall and looked very strong. Dirty blonde hair and black baseball jackets. So predictable. I accepted the fact that the worst that can happen is their going kill me. Great. This is what exercise does.

“On the swings.” I attempted to keep my gaze strong and my hands by my side, not showing any kind of emotion. I hated people thinking I’m weak. They looked evil and rough. One of the boys raised his hand towards my face, pushing my chin up with two fingers. I didn’t even realise I was awkwardly watching the ground. I kept my head up and my gaze strong.

“I would appreciate if you would not touch me.” I spat. They didn’t even flinch. They just laughed. The ‘leader; came forward and clutched my arm, pulling me into his chest. He was tall and very fucking strong. In other words, I was fucked in five different ways. Although this guy smelt nice.

“Oi Jake, you arse! Leave her alone, she’s taken.” I heard another voice; he was just as tall and looked stronger than the other two. As soon as he got to me, the clasp on my arm was gone. And this Jake guy had backed off. Obviously he was scared of this other guy. I stuck my tongue out at Jake and turned away before anyone saw. I looked over at the guy, his fists were clenched into balls and his face was straight and stiff. He had the same dirty blonde hair and he looked like a god. He was perfection. His eyes were blue and shiny and he had a little button nose. Mmmm.

“If Mark catches you by his girl again, he will cut off your fucking girl balls and feed them to the rest of these wankers.” The god spat.

“Yeah, sorry Nate. We didn’t know.” AHA THE GOD HAD A FUCKING SEXY NAME TOO! I tried to hold back the huge grin which was forming on my face. The other guys walked away and Nate came and plopped himself on to the swing next to me

“Thank you!” I grinned.

“You’re welcome, but a beautiful girl like yourself shouldn’t be roaming the streets alone.” He smiled. “Also, the sticking out your tongue didn’t help!” He laughed, trying to keep a straight face. Oh shit, he saw. I thought I was being sly. Obviously not. “Anyway, you are Gabby? I’m not harassing a random girl, am I?” his expression went from an excited to worry in a split second. I slightly backed away whilst hissing ‘stranger danger’ under my breath.

“I’m Nate, if you hadn’t already guessed. Mark’s best friend. I heard you slapped him and then ran off? Do you normally do that to people you haven’t seen after seven years or are you just PMS’ing?” he chuckled. What a dick, I just glared and discretely flashed my middle finger up at him.

“Are you always such a dick?”

“Nope you’re my exception. I have a dick though, want to meet him? His name is Richard.” He smirked; I got to give him that one. It was quite funny. I held back the chuckle and kept my glare.

“Want to meet my vagina? I’m warning you though, she splits blood. Her name’s Bella.” I grinned, very proud of my comment. I spend way too much time with Aana. His mouth dropped and he looked abit distraught. “What’s the matter, cat got your tongue?”

“You’re gross.” He replied. I jumped off the swing and bowed. He laughed and shook his head.

“So why are you here anyway?” I asked, interested in his reasoning.

“I was looking for you. Veronica told me what happened. She obviously didn’t know the area and Charlotte and Aana refused to run anywhere or get up because ‘exercise in the morning isn’t healthy for anyone’. Also Mark’s being a pussy over his slightly pink cheek. So I was voted to get you, good job I did as well.”

“Wow I feel loved.” I started. “So you met the girls?” I guarantee Aana wanted to kick him in the balls.

“I did, they all seem um nice and different. I actually um, Char stayed with me last night.” He looked down at the ground and fidgeted with his hands. I cocked one brow upwards and looked at him questioningly.

“Oh, wow. You like charlotte? If you hurt her, I’ll kill you.” I glanced, attempting to look slightly intimidating. Aana was way better at this shit.

“I do, I was thinking to ask her out? I really do like her.” He smiled. “Don’t worry, Aana already gave me the talk but she had me against the wall with her leg against my dick. Let me tell you, asking her if she was kinky, wasn’t a good idea.” He laughed whilst looking slightly alarmed and frightened. Aana was quite intimidating, although she was short, strength wasn’t something she lacked. Her look didn’t help. She wasn’t ugly but she didn’t care about her appearance. She was girly when she had to be but otherwise, sweatpants, a jumper and a pair of Uggs was her thing.

“Ok. Number one, don’t flirt with her call her kinky whilst she’s on her period.” He scrunched up his nose at period. What was it with boys? “She will have your balls, but it’s better if you ask Aana about Charlotte. She’s not that bad, just don’t piss her off.” I smiled, winking at him.

“Noted. Anyway the reason I actually came here was to see if you’re ok. Which you are. And talk to you. Look, Mark’s a good guy and although I only found out about you this morning, I know he cares about you and he wants to explain. Just give him a chance please. Whatever you do, don’t fall for him. I don’t want you getting hurt. Now let’s go, because I am freezing.” I just smelled and nodded. Following him back home. I don’t know what possessed him to wear three quarter khaki pants and slippers. I was confused at what he said, was he trying to warn me off? I didn’t say anything, just silently trailed behind him. When we finally reached the house, Nate squeezed my hand and shot me a reassuring smile. We walked into the kitchen and everyone was silent. I just smiled and plopped down on top of Ron, keeping my gaze away from Mark.

“Um, Gabby can we talk?” Mark mumbled, whilst getting up and beginning to walk towards the door. I nodded and followed.

“Aana, I need words too.” Nate winked at her; she just glared and dragged him behind us and into the living room. I continued to follow Mark to a room and plopped myself onto the bed holding my gaze with his. This truly was the definition of fun.