Semi-Finals - Rewritten

Aana’s POV

I instantly realised I wasn’t home and the events of yesterday came flooding back to me. I was still wearing his clothes which was always a plus. It was so warm in his bed and comfortable but then again he was a millionaire so if he didn’t have an amazing bed I would question how he was spending his money. Joe wasn’t in bed for some reason; he had probably woken up early. I checked my phone for the time and it was nearly twelve, I must have been tired. If I’m honest I haven’t been sleeping great these few past days, my sleeping pattern had become so messed up and last night was great, I slept properly after ages.  I checked the few texts and notifications and quickly replied to anything important. I rolled out of bed which wasn’t wise because I landed on the floor, normally when I role from my bed I land on carpet so it’s all good but this guy had hardwood floors in his bloody bedroom. Who actually had wood flooring in their bedrooms? It was absolutely beyond me. When I had recovered from my stupid moment, I walked over to the balcony but the doors were locked and I didn’t know where he kept the keys so I stood on my tip-toes and peeked out to the front of the house. Joe’s car was gone and I didn’t have a clue where he was. That’s when I spotted a small folded card on the bedside cabinet next to Selfridge’s bag. I picked up the small card which had my name scribbled on the front and read it through, giving up on hiding the massive grin that was slowly appearing.

Aana,

Good Morning, I didn’t want to wake you up but if you remember it’s the semi-finals today. Look at everything in the bag and follow the instructions. A taxi will be with you at one. Hopefully, you’ll be awake by then. It will take you back to your house. Get ready with the girls (they’re already round your house) and then a car will pick you up and bring you to the game at three. I hired the cook for a couple of hours today, go down and get whatever you want made.  

Yours always,

Joe.

P.S. You looked so beautiful when you were asleep.

P.P.S. Make Karla (the cook) do everything you need, I’m paying her enough.

I laughed and placed the note back on the desk, picking up the yellow Selfridges bag. I pulled out the first thing which was a small envelope that had a pink post it note stuck on the front. I noticed it was the same envelope with the tickets from yesterday. The post it note read ‘You’ll need these to get in.’ I picked up the next thing which was a basketball jersey, which had his number and name on the back. There was another post it note on the jersey which read ‘Wear this please’. I laid it out on the book and pulled out a pair of jeans. They were just plain light blue skinny jeans with another post it note. ‘Wear these with the jersey. They’re bloody Diesel but only the best for you baby.’ I laughed and shook my head, hoping he was joking. I quickly checked the tag and gasped. He wasn’t joking when he said they were Diesel. He paid nearly £300.00 for a pair of jeans. I reminded myself to slap him later but something inside me couldn’t help but grin. The next thing from the bag was a lace black dress. I opened it up and it was beautiful, I looked at the label and nearly choked. I’m pretty sure I had to take ten looks to confirm. He had brought me a two grand Valentino dress. The post it note read ‘For the after party. I imagine you’re screwing right now, don’t hate me. It’s all love.’ He was spot on because my face was all screwed up; it managed to fade after a few seconds of reading the note. I sighed and moved on to the next thing, it was a Christian Louboutin shoe box. At this point I wasn’t even surprised. ‘What’s an outfit without shoes?’ I laughed and stuck the post it with the other ones. The shoes were black patent platforms with the signature red sole. They were beautiful. There were only two things left, I pulled out the first thing which was in another bag placed to side, and I gathered by the size of it, it was bag. It was a plain black tote bag which had the metal lettering on the front. These Michael Kors bags were in fashion at the moment and I’ve been dying for one so this is one thing I can’t hold against him. I picked out the last thing from the bag which was a small Ann Summers bag. I didn’t really want to know what it was but I had a good idea. I pulled it out and exactly what I thought, it was a bright red corset and Basque. I ripped the post it note from it which read ‘For later’ and put it with the others, putting the lingerie back in the back along with the other stuff and the note. I grabbed my phone and I realised it was only half twelve so I had half an hour to eat. I had no actual clothes here so I gathered the bags he gave to me and my clothes from yesterday and left them by the door. I quickly cleaned up the room and got fresh then made my way downstairs, leaving the bags in the hall. I walked straight into the kitchen to meet Karla, who Joe had hired. He was so cute but I was capable of getting some breakfast.