Mothers, Proposals and New Jobs - Rewritten

Joe’s POV –

“Joe! Hun, it’s me.” someone called. I looked up to see my Mum smiling at me. I smiled and sat up, moving Aana so she was still lying in my arms.

“Hi, Mum.” I smiled, hugging her. She grinned at Aana and took a seat next to my bed. I don’t know what the time was and how long I had been sleeping but the boys had gone and my Mum was here. The last time I had heard from her was last month when she told me she was on business in Dubai. We had a rocky relationship, she was always on business somewhere and never had time for me. So her being her right now was a surprise in its self. I could see her eyeing Aana and dying to ask who she was. I could tell my mother was just about to say something before Aana jolted awake, she looked so tired and worn out but she still looked up at me and smiled, squeezing at my hand. I don’t think she realised my Mum was sat here.

“Hey Aana, this is my mother, Jolene.” I smiled, sending her an apologetic look, her eyes went wide and she cursed. I chuckled and left her to it. She turned around to face my mother and smiled.

“Nice to meet your Mrs.Luxton, I’m Aana.” She smiled, reaching out to shake my mother’s hand. However, my mum didn’t bother to shake it, she just looked down at her with disgust. I immediately felt so sorry for Aana for having to deal with this as soon as she had woken up.

“So you’re the reason my son is in hospital? She spat. Aana sat up properly letting go of my hand and edging off the bed. I could see Aana's face drop and her mouth drop slightly. She nodded to me and climbed off the bed, looking at my Mum sincerly. 

“Yes, I’m really sorry about the accident, I didn’t mean for it to go that far. I should go.” She weakly smiled and walked out.

“Mum, why the hell did you do that?” I scowled, stopping myself from getting up and walking out too. How dare she, she leaves me for most of my life then has the cheek to lecture the girl that saved my life.

“The little slut put you in hospital Joe! Don’t be so naïve.” She shouted, making my anger to bubble.

“Don’t even start that shit with me Mum! And don’t ever call her that again! She saved my life, she risked her own fucking life for me! She did more for me in the space of five minutes then you did in nearly twenty five fucking years! Now if you don’t mind, I’d like it if you left.” I growled, holding myself back. Just as my mother was about to respond, Mark and Nate walked in and stood by my side.

“Hi, Mrs.Luxton.” they both smiled, shooting me an uneasy look.

“Hi boys. I was just leaving.” She smiled weakly at them and walked out. I know I shouldn’t have shouted at her but she was in no place to say anything to Aana.

“Yo, we just saw Aana. She discharged herself in and left with Jay and Alanna.” Nate informed me, waiting for me to explain what happened.

“Well she slept with me last night then this morning my mother graced us with her presence and shot Aana down before she could say hello.” I told them, grabbing my phone and ringing Aana.

“Hello?”

“Hi Joe, It’s Ron. Aana’s asleep.”

“Oh right, is she ok?”

“Yeah she’s fine, just resting.”

“Ok, tell her that I called and I’ll try later.”

“Ok, bye Joe.”

“Bye.”

Gabby’s POV –