Nice Cars and Adrenaline - REWRITTEN

Gabby’s P.O.V

My head was truly banging and I was still half asleep. I didn’t have a clue of where I was and where the other girls were. I finally got up and felt around for my phone, couldn’t find it. Great. I noticed I was still in my dress but my shoes were off, I looked around and noticed one of the lumps on the pull out sofa. Ronnie was draped over the couch, fully dressed and looking like shit. I don’t know where Lottie was, I just assumed she was with Aana. Glancing at the clock, I realised it was bloody two in the afternoon but right next to it was my saviour. Six pills, a jug of water and three glasses. I’m guessing they were for us.  Thank god for Aana. How she managed to get us all home and into bed, I don’t know. I have no memory of last night, the last thing I do remember was Aana handing me drink.

I walked past the girls and made my way downstairs where I could smell breakfast. I made my way to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth because I had a vile taste in there. I felt sick but I was so hungry. I made my way into the kitchen where Aana was sat at the breakfast bar with a plate of Hash browns and beans, watching The Jeremy Kyle Show. Literally, whenever I saw that girl she was eating and watching t.v.

“Morning slut face, Breakfast’s in the microwave and coffee’s in the pot.” She smirked at me, then turning her face back to the chavs on screen. I don't know how she even knew I walked in, i'm sure she was psychic or something.

“You made breakfast and coffee?” I questioned, whilst opening the microwave and eating the food with my eyes. Hung-over was not going to cut it. I grabbed a plate and some food, and then made my way to get some coffee. I have always hated coffee; I’m more of a tea person but coffee help like God when I’m was still half drunk.

“Nope, your Mum did. She left with your Dad to the weekend. She was going to wake you, but I told her not because you weren’t ‘feeling well’.” Aana said, still glued to the TV. I don't know why we came back here last night, it was probably because Aana's Mum knew where we were and Aana didn't want to know when we got back. Luckily, we all basically lived at eahother's houses. We all had our stuff round eachother's houses so that was never a problem. 

“AH THANK GOD!” I screamed. My Mum would have a field day if she found out I was pissed! I’ve been trying to prove to her that I’m mature than the others but she wasn’t buying it. I grabbed my plate and coffee and took a seat next to Aana. She was so busy eating and watching she didn’t even tease me about last night. I knew it was coming though!

“So Mother Theresa, how did you get us all home?” I laughed. She just rolled her eyes.

“Well ‘Mrs I’m Just Going To Suck His Face Off’, after your finished dancing at five am, may I remind you. You woke me up and we dragged the other two to the car. You weren’t that drunk, but you did poke my face many times so I had to place you at the back. Talking of the other two, do you know where Lottie is?” I laughed abit then I began to think about Lottie.

“No, she’s not upstairs. I assumed she was here. Obviously not?” I glanced at her and she looked slightly worried, it soon changed into neutral smile.

“Well she was with a guy last night?” she started. “I’ll text her…” 

She grabbed her phone, typing a quick message and putting her phone back onto the table. As soon as she put it down, it started beeping again.

She read it and then turned the phone to me, so I could read it.

------------------------------------------------------------

From – Lotts W

AANA, GET HERE NOW.

22 CHISELS PLACE!!

------------------------------------------------------------

I looked up at her, questioning the text. She just shrugged and told me to get ready and wake Ron.

I ran upstairs, quickly checking at my phone, for some reason I had a million and one missed calls and one text. I didn’t recognise the number at all. My mind was in my phone when I realised I was meant to be waking Ron. I threw a pillow at her and screamed.

“OI WHORE, YOUR MUMS HERE!” silently chuckling to myself. Her eyes opened straight away and she rolled straight off the sofa. She looked at me with those ‘You're so dead’ eyes. I know she was going to kill me but so worth it. Ron's parent's were the strictest and weren't quite aware of everything we did. Luckily for her, we managed to keep it that way. 

“I’m joking, but seriously get up. Lottie’s not here and she needs us ASAP! So get ready!” I smiled, she looked like a serial killer and I knew I was going to get it one day. For the past eight years she hasn’t gone ultra-mad yet. But I know she’s on the edge with me. I turned my attention back to my phone and checked the text.

------------------------------------------------------

From – 073849249384

Check your photos. Don’t scream.

Hi, by the way.

------------------------------------------------------

I was so confused but I did, I checked my photos. I felt like all of the blood came rushing all at once to my head and on top of that someone was sliding through that blood. It was him. He’s the one I danced with, the one I kissed, the one who took me to paradise. All of the memories came flooding back, the lessons the phone call. Seven fucking years ago and I met him again.

It was him. It was Mark. Why didn’t I realise last night? The shaggy brown hair, the cute little dimples. The wheelchair. He didn’t have the wheelchair. How did he not have the wheel chair? It’s literally impossible. I only saw him that morning on the Paralympics. My body went limp and every little possibility came rushing to my head. Aana walked in, confused at my speechless expression. I was still in my pyjamas from this morning and she didn’t look happy but the anger faded and that neutral smile, which she does, came back. I threw my phone at her and she caught it, surprisingly. Her face fell and she looked back at me, hunting for a reaction but to be honest I didn’t know how to react. After that call when I was fourteen, I never forgot him. He was my first crush and that; I though was the start of something new. How naïve? I never saw him again. Until yesterday.

“I know this is weird and everything and I’m a little confused too. But we have to go.” Aana smiled. She was ready, when I say ready I mean sweatpants and a t-shirt. I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and tank-top and followed after her. We were waiting in Aana’s car for Ron, when finally she climbed in, looking confused and like shit.

“Aana, why is there a bra in the back of your car?” I smirked.

“Surprisingly, that’s not mine. I’m more of a lacy kind of gyal! It’s Ron’s.” She laughed. I looked over at Ron and spotted her caramel skin turning a shade of crimson. I remember last week, Aana bought us all bras, for a laugh. She had a crazy obsession with them. I’m guessing that was the bra.

“Don’t worry, we all know you can’t keep them in.” I laughed, turning to high-five Aana, who was currently choking. Ron just glared and slapped Aana around the head, who was still laughing. Let’s just say Ron had a little slip in high school. I never did let her live that down. 

We got to a big house, which was painted a pretty cream colour. We got out the car and walked to a glass door. Aana knocked the door a few times  and stepped back. Me and Ron stayed beside Aana. It was a beautiful house! It looked modern and expensive. There were two cars parked in the drive. A bright yellow Audi R8 Spyder and A Jaguar XF. I wanted to take the Jaguar and run away. I glanced at Ron and I’m pretty sure she was imagining the same things.

The door opened and it was him. It was Mark. I didn’t know what to say, but I knew what to do. I stepped forward and slapped my hand across his cheek with all of my strength. The adrenaline rushed through my body and the only thing I could do is run.