She's the Mistress - Rewritten

A/N: This is Mark's POV of the last chapter so you understand the background and his side of the story. 

Although this story is purely fiction and no offence is meant. If you do have a problem with anything that's been said, please don't hesitate to message me and let me know. Please note this story has been rated as Restricted so strong language and sexual references will be made.

Also, It would be great if you could listen to Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs. 

Thank you, 

C x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Joe!” I hollered from the changing rooms, swinging my head out of the door.

“What can I help you with my bitch?” He grinned, strolling into the room whilst pulling his shirt over his head.

“I need a massive favour.” I stared, giving him my very persuading puppy dog face. “Gabby and her friends are coming later and I need you to go and get them in from the entrance at about half one. I would go but boss wanted to see me before the match!”

“Is Gabby hot?”

“Fuck you, she’s incredibly hot but if you even look at her I will cut off your balls, blend them and make you drink them.” I growled, glaring at him.

“Wow, so no groping her from behind? How about her friends, are they off limits too?” He muttered, completely serious.

God I was going to hit him! “No way, grope her and I will honestly hurt you! You can do whatever you like with the friends but they’re feisty ones. That’s a warning.”

“Not all of the friends, Lottie’s mine. Touch her and I’ll do more than cut off your balls.” Nate scowled, slapping Joe around the head.

“So what’s the mission? Bed her and the friends?” Joe laughed.

“Just do not be late meeting them please.” I rolled my eyes and walked to the Boss’s office. I checked the time and realised I literally had about forty minutes before the game. I hope this didn’t take long.  I knocked a few times and then walked into his office. Luckily, he didn’t look angry so that was always a plus. Although, he looked quite stressed and concerned. He spun around on his chair and grabbed a can of Red Bull out of the mini fridge and placed it in front of me on his desk.

“I have two things, one positive and one negative. What one do you want first?” He muttered. He always sounded so patronising and scary. I didn’t want to know what he was about to say and quite frankly I was figuring out ways of escaping this conversation. He never showed any sympathy in any situation and never failed to make it sound worse than it was.

“Positive first.” I mumbled, fiddling with the bottom of my jersey.

“I’m putting you in as captain in this match, Sean’s girlfriend dumped him and he took it hard. Pussy.”

I chuckled for a second but soon after looking at his face, I could see he wasn't in a laughing mood so I toned it down and looked back up at him. I guess that was a good thing, me being captain, I get to show off to my beautiful girl. I’m so nervous about messing up. I wanted her to be proud of me. I wanted her to see how far I’ve come since then. I looked down at my feet, waiting in the suspense of whatever the negative news was.

“Don’t worry; it’s not that bad Mark. So as captain we need to publicise you. What better way to have a wife. So you give a friendly family guy image to the media. It will get you anywhere you want to go. You need this kind of thing right now. So I hired a wife for you. She will just be there with you in public, for photo-shoots. At matches, that kind of thing. But I need you to be very careful when out anywhere. By all means, get kinky with a few girls on the weekends but do it where nobody’s going to see and the media aren’t going to know.”

A wife? Oh god he must be crazy! Gabby’s here! Gabby! Is this man even human, who says ‘get kinky with a few girls’ anyway? Old prick. 

“One more thing Mark, I want you to thank your wife at the end of the match. Make it believable if you want to stay on the team. Her name’s Lily-Rose and she’s a beauty. She’s aware of the plan. Understand?”

“Sir, is this all actually necessary?” I mumbled, avoiding eye contact. “It’s just I have a beautiful girlfriend and she’s here today.” How would Gabby react? Surely if she loves me anything like I love her, she would be broken. I didn't want to do this but I couldn't put if off, he wouldn't let me. 

“Very necessary. With the announcement after the match, I’m sure she’ll get the hint. It’s better if she doesn’t find out about this. The less people that know, the better. Introduce her to your friends, make it work. Don’t let me down Mark.” He gave me a stern look and sent me outside. I dropped down to my knees, holding my head in my hands. This was going to change everything. Breaking it off with Gabby after a week, she’s going to hate me. Her friends are going to hate me. What do I say, how do I explain this to anybody?

“Stop being a pussy and put this on! Game starts in ten!” Boss growled, turning on his heel and heading into the changing rooms.  I grabbed the captain band and slipped it on to my upper arm, then made my way to the changing rooms. I guess I would have to give the whole ‘we’re going to be amazing’ speech.

I strolled in and clapped my hands, gaining attention from everybody. “Ok, so Sean can’t be here today as many of you know so I’ll be taking over as captain. This match is going to be amazing and we are going to kick ass! Come on guys!” I shouted, high fiving the players and leading them on to the court.

I rolled out on to the court first, with the other players following on. For a second, Gabby met my gaze but I shrugged it off and looked away. She looked beautiful, her hair in curls and a gorgeous outfit which flaunted her figure. The game started and the adrenaline was pumping through my body. I wanted to impress her, make her happy. The Boss’s words kept playing throughout my mind over and over. I couldn’t concentrate on the game but luckily I was blessed enough to know the game like the back of my hand. With seconds to go, I completed a very successful lay-up and made the winning basket. My heart was in my hand and it was going mad. The audience erupted in applause and screams. I looked over at Gabby who was grinning, she met my gaze once more and this time before she could mouth her words I turned away. Her smile dropped, she looked confused and hurt.

I rolled into the middle after hugging the rest of my team and grabbed the Microphone. This was it; I tried to avoid contact and held contact with the woman Boss pointed out to me earlier as my wife. She smiled at me with sympathy and looked away. ““First of all, I wanted to thank everybody who has supported us through our journey and will continue supporting us. I don’t think we could have come this far without you guys. I also wanted to say a huge thank you and congratulations to the rest of my team and manager for making this happen. Of course without you guys, there wouldn’t be a game. Lastly I want to thank someone who has always believed and is the love of my life. She’s here right now.” I looked over at Gabby who was now standing and grinning. My heart dropped but I had to do this. For myself, for my dream. “So a big thanks to you my amazing wife. Lily-Rose! I love you so much!” I looked over again at Gabby who was now tearing up and walking out with Aana and the other girls behind her. The crowd was whooping and screaming. I watched Lily-Rose walking through the crowds and smiling at me. She was beautiful. Long blonde hair and blue eyes. She got to me and grabbed my face, crashing her lips to mine. She didn’t move her tongue or anything which I was grateful for. She must be an actress or something to be able to make a performance like that. I looked over at the exit where Gabby was standing, her mouth slightly apart and tears trickling down her face. I couldn’t face her. Lily parted from me, and faced me.

“I understand this is hard and I can tell that you love her. I’m sorry but this is my job. You have to do this for you.” She whispered, genuinely smiling at me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and walked off the court to face my friends. As soon as we were off court she let me go and walked to the side giving me a minute to face the guys, who were all glaring at me.

“What the actual hell Mark? Please tell me this is a joke?” Nate growled, clenching his fists by his side.  He was my best friend I had to tell him but all I could think of was Boss’s words replaying through my mind. ‘Don’t let me down Mark.’ ‘Make it believable if you want to stay on the team.’

“I’m sorry. Gabby was just a mess around. This is the real thing. Tell Gabby for me.”