"This. Means. War. Grace." *Ch. 24*

As I was walking up my Velcro that holds the grey, bulky boot together, got snagged on a broken tree branch. “Are you serious?”  I muttered to myself before yanking myself free from the snapped environment. The motion caused me to stumble forward pushing the unlocked door open as I latched onto it for dear life.

“YOU LADS NEED TO LOCK THE DOOR!” I shouted back to the chuckling, forgetful boys. I dragged Jess and Heather who were holding their busted open eardrums from my shout; I took them into my room before locking the door. I could see a fine layer of dust laying on everything, besides a pile of clothes at the end of my bed.

It looked just like I remembered it, the grey and purple bedspread slightly rumpled, my plant tree like thing knocked over from the vase being too small to support the weight, my closet doors wide open from my frantic escape. I put a smile back on to reassure the girls I wasn’t going to have a breakdown, I welcomed the girls in, they ran in and jumped on the bed giggling like two year olds waking up their parents on Christmas.

“I’m going to go change into comfier clothes okay?”

I said before walking into my closets, I was searching through my clothes when they called simultaneously, “MEEE TOOOO!” I giggled but then regretted the pain in my stomach, after it faded I grabbed, grey sweatpants, a PINK, pink sweatshirt, black UGGS with three buttons on the sides for Jessica. For Heather I grabbed a white T-Shirt with maroon writing from Jack Wills, and black tie sweatpants with pockets and faux fur tan boots that had ties on the sides.

 For myself I grabbed an off the shoulder stripped grey top, leggings that had the British flag on them, also my limited edition Breast Cancer UGGS that were pink and had the breast cancer symbol near the ankle. I poked my head back through the doors and chucked them their clothes nearly hitting their heads with their shoes.  I attempted to scamper away really I just tripped my way into the bathroom.  

Glancing in the mirror, I saw that my stitches started to poke through the foundation that was so expertly applied. Gently dabbing off the makeup, and then taking out the colored contacts. Blinking furiously as my eyes readjusted to the light, as I took them out. Unzipping the jacket and then unbuckling the brown skinny leather belt hearing the metal clink and clunck against the floor.

I reached around with my good shoulder; I unzipped the purple dress revealing the scarred, broken, and bruised body. Quickly shimming into the shirt, not thinking about the scars on my back or shoulders, I stepped into my leggings after completing the struggle of fitting them over my leg brace. I pulled a brush through my tangled and wild hair, before loosely fishtailing it down my back. Slipping on the one boot, I unlocked the door seeing that Heather was tying her hair in a high pony tail with a ribbon that she somehow found, and Jessica just putting it in a messy topknot. They were both dresses, neither of them had noticed me and my broken body.

“Hey,” I mumbled, their heads turned to me with big and bright smiles on their faces, glint of happiness in their eyes had all quickly vanished once they saw my face. Their jaws hit the floor but they quickly shut it and pretended like they didn’t see anything.

 “Do you guys want to watch a movie?” I asked trying to redirect their attention. They finally came back down to earth and got off my bed; I opened my main door and shut off the light walking out into the red wall hallway. They silently trailed behind me as I walked down the stairs, my cast occasionally thumped against the wall. Finally reaching flat ground, I started heading towards the telly room where Brooke and Harry were snogging on the couch. Liam and Louis on the arm chairs with APPLE Pros on their laps. I walked over to the telly and opened up the cabinet underneath it, glancing at the movies I pulled The Vow out. I twisted around and showed the girls, they nodded and we headed to the staircase, my shirt shifted so most of my back was exposed.  

“Grace, what are those?” Liam asked I felt his hands tracing over the lines that reminded me of a jail cell.

“No-nothing.” I stuttered readjusting my shirt before pulling the two girls up the stairs by their arms. When I reached the top I was hugged out of the blue by Niall, then I felt a feather light touch on my back and the tickle of hair on my shoulder blades.

“How did you get these?” Zayn’s Bradford accent rang out with confusion, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I pulled away from both of the lads’ tight grips and started walking the rest of the way up the staircase. Harry met me on the other side of the white double staircase probably also trying to peruse me into telling them.

 I quickened my pace with the girls also quickening theirs to match mine; I jogged almost to my room with them following. When I retched my room they had reached Louis’ that was two doors down from mine.  I slammed my door shut with a smirk on my face; I locked it and pressed my back against it feeling the waves of vibrations going through it and into my back. I opened the case to the movie and placed it in the BLUE-RAY player. We all snuggled on my bed, laughing when they got married in the museum and got chased, and crying when she lost her memory.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up to a tickling sensation on my face, I groaned and attempted to slap it off, but then I smelt shaving cream. A scream erupted from my lips, scaring the laughing on the floor Jess and Heather. They bolted from the floor almost making a hole in the wall from the door hitting it, I quickly ran after them patting off the horrible tasting cream with my shirt. We ran through the entire flat without waking the boys. Well least I think we didn’t wake them with our obnoxious laughter, then in the kitchen I got an idea.

“Jess! Heather!” I whisper shouted they stopped laughing and turned to face me. “Let’s say, we go prank the lads?” I said while I was searching the fridge for the whip cream. Once I found it I turned back to them and smirked. The nodded both with their mischievous glint in their eyes. I was on Heather’s back because my cast made too much noise. When we opened Harry’s door, we knew that he slept nude so being extra cautious, we pranked him the same way the girls pranked me.

Once his face was covered in foam, we left to go prank the rest of the sleeping beauties. This shall be fun! Until they wake up of course… We walked down to the kitchen trying to contain our laughter, and then an idea sparked in my head. “We should stake out in my room!” I said after I put back the whip cream.

“Why would we do that?” Jess’ sweet voice rang. While I was grabbing fruit and goldfish I turned around to her. “Well seeing that I would be in trouble later today, I will be able to avoid it!” I explained as I grabbed three bottles of water. We tiptoed back up to my room and then quickly walked into the room silently shutting the door. I dropped our food to the floor and turned to the girls. “Well what should we do now?” I asked, they both shrugged and then I suggested we do our nails.

*TWO HOURS LATER*

After I finished my final coat, the screams of the boys traveled down the hallway like music to the three girls ears. We looked at each other before doubling over in laughter; we rolled on our back, back and forth with our hands in the air because we didn’t want to smudge them.

This. Means. War. Grace.”

I heard Louis’ voice outside our door say; all of us shut up and looked at each other planning our next attack.

A/N so a lot of you asked about the New Story I was writing, and posted. It IS UP SO STOP ASKING ME! It is called, Little Things, the story with the blond girl on the front. SO PLEASE STOP ASKING! The only reason I posted because you guys liked my new story, now I wasn’t very happy with last chapter’s votes and comment numbers. They didn’t even reach some of my worst chapters, so did you guys not like my last update? Should I even have updated this, this soon? Now by now, I will continue getting higher with the goals, and soon I will be adding in fans too. So

71 VOTES AND 68 COMMENTS!

Read

Comment

Vote!

-Kenzie<3

1, 409 WORDS!