Letting Go *Chapter 40*

We drove and drove, we were outside Los Angeles I knew it. I only had two more days left here since I was preforming at the Staples Center for three nights with interviews and photo shoots for the upcoming Pilgrim day. We ended up in a field, literally in the middle of nowhere. (hehe now-here)

The overgrown wheat plants stood tall, a golden yellow color, some smashed under the weight of the car. Lush trees off in the distance, little glowing bugs lighting up the air with the stars and the bright moon letting us see.  

“Jacob? Why are we here?” I whispered to him looking over and my breath was taken away at the sight. His eyes looking like crystal copper, his lips not a ruby color but a garnet color, Zayn’s birthstone. His tan skin looking paler as the white, creamy moon reflected onto him, his white teeth perched over his bottom lip, sinking into the soft flesh.

“I’m showing you the worlds without press,” He said, and moved closer, “without stress,” he moved even closer so he was leaning over the dashboard, his eyes now looking into mine, flicking back and forth between my lips and the eyes that held my answer.

“Without your brothers, only with me.” He whispered before his lips softy pressed to mine. It wasn’t like our other kisses that left our lips swollen. This was soft and gentle, it was full of care and compassion, and it was full of love.

He nimbly moved against me, but then it was over all too soon. He pulled away and gave me a quick peck; the cool end of an early September night blew, chilling us. “Grace, I came out here to talk.”

A low whine escaped as tears began to mist me eyes. “Jacob, it’s okay, you don’t have to say the words, and I understand that you want us to be over, it’s okay really.”

My voice quavered as tears fell, my throat becoming tight and dry for the second time today. I looked down at my legs as I thought about the amazing time I had earlier today, an eerie silence fell over the two of us as my thoughts were correct. Jacob wanted a break. As the reality sunk in that I’d never kiss him again, I wouldn’t be able to call him mine anymore, I wouldn’t be able to snuggle into him when I had a bad dream. I wouldn’t be able to tell him about my good dreams, I wouldn’t be able to laugh and smile with him. I wouldn’t be able to hold him anymore, I wouldn’t be able to peck his cheek when he was driving, I wouldn’t have anyone to impress anymore.

My body felt cold and paralyzed, it felt like the cells had stopped and froze in ice as my blood was like the Arctic sea, freezing anything that came in touch. A whimper escaped from my throat as a warm hand made the cells in my chin feel again I felt his warm breath fanning my cold face like someone who was in a harsh winter took a vacation to Cuba.

Lips pressed against mine in a harsh yet caring manner as I just sat there, not wanting to respond to the boy that just might of shattered my heart.

“I was going to say I loved you,” He whispered only a few centimeters away from my lips as he looked into my eyes. His brown eyes looking into mine just made it all the more special since when we had first said it, playing it off with an I love you too.

I smiled at him, it reached my chrysolite color eyes, they gleamed like the little jewel they were, and I flicked my eyes between his eyes as my lips stretched over my teeth. “I love you too, you idiot.” I whispered before pecking his lips again, and pulling back. Giggling, I hit a button on the jeep accidentally while trying to readjust the air because I was becoming too warm. The radio soon blared out a song, immediately recognizing it.

“Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else”

Adam Levine’s soft voice wandered into the night sky as Jacob pulled me out of the car. The long blades of overgrown weeds tickling my legs, Jacob gripping me into his chest as we danced in little circles, resting my head on his chest I breathed in the clean air mixed with his cologne. We danced in silence as the breezed moved my hair over to his shoulder.