Remember When *Chapter 42*

Grace-

The sand was flying inbetween my toes as my feet began to pick up the pace faster and faster. I wasn’t trying to escape the boys behind me; I was trying to escape myself. My tears were trickling down my cheeks bringing them warmth despite the bitterness that was swarming my body. The tears also blurring my vision, making the grey cliffs combine with the dark forest green trees.

This beach wasn’t the type that you would see palm trees and girls in bikinis in, the water was colder and the waves were harsher, making even surfers wear wet suits. As my feet began to slide in the tiny ski slopes, occasionally the sharp piece of driftwood scratching my toes. My camera dropped somewhere along the way, even that it kept me thousands of memories, all each different and some good and bad, but it was still a memory. But those memories weren’t going to hold me back as the image of a little blond girl was stuck in my head, forever implanted.

As I neared a nature trail, I wished I had my camera as there was a large quantity of pictures I’d love to take any other day. But off of the current events of today, I wish today just never occurred. The only bright part was an Irishmen, but even he had betrayed me. I couldn’t say that he screwed me over; he probably thought that I would never see the little girl.

I bet she was now living in my room, now old room, like she moved in as the older sibling went off to college, the thought was like stabbing my heart, inflicting more pain on my already broken down and used heart. My surroundings blurred around me as my bare feet could now carry my body faster than it could in the heavy, and quicksand like grains showering the beach floor.

I know it was childish and I should just grow the balls to sit there for longer to let them even explain themselves. But there was just so much déjà vu happening, every single fucking time I came near them, this would happen. Except one thing was different, this time one of us got an apology out.

But it came with a price, if I had done it any other time ago, they wouldn’t have gotten that damned child in my place. But was it even my place still if I was gone for seven months? No surely it wasn’t as they looked like they didn’t have any remorse with filling it; they filled it up like just asking someone for a refill in their favorite restaurant. I couldn’t blame them for this; I couldn’t get angry over this and try to shove it in their face because I had shown my breakable side to them. I couldn’t blame them because even if it was their choice they could have a reason too; she could have been a dying child on the street for all I know.

But her big blues eyes seemed so familiar, but they didn’t hold an ounce of pain or happiness that she had taken over something that was once mine. But was it even mine to begin with? I mean, yes we are family on paper, but I’m starting to question the bond. It felt more like close friends, or cousins with uncles. Not brother sister and father daughter.  

The image of the young blonde girl being spun around by all of them, her joyous little giggle made my heart turn on myself. It gripped the knife that was plunged into the delicate muscle and began to cut off pieces of it, one of the most painful things I have ever felt. I didn’t hear my knees as they hit the dirt ground as I was far off from the trail. I didn’t feel my vocal chords vibrating off of each other as the delicate strings became the owner of the high pitched and ear cracking screams. I didn’t hear my name being called, only the loud cracks as my heart became broken, the large pieces finally becoming smaller and smaller pieces.

I didn’t feel the warm arms wrapping around my fragile body as I was curled into their chest, I didn’t feel my outer shell finally crumble, I didn’t feel myself grip whoever’s shirt it was as they carried me like a bride through the trail again.

“Harry can you grab her camera?” I heard an Australian accent speak, peering through my tear filled and wet eyelashes, and I saw tan skin and no tattoos on the arms. Looking up I saw that it was Emmett carrying me.