Interview Sadness and Elevator Joy Ride *Chapter 45*

“Hello everyone! Its Grace Tomlinson!” The interviewer signaled me in, smiling wide hiding my pain behind my colored green contacts. Charlie wasn’t impressed by my tired eyes or my huge dark purple bags. She had applied layer after layer of concealer, and then when she was happy she put on the rest. I didn’t really acknowledge what I was even wearing; I kinda just put the clothes on that she thrusted in my arms.

“Hello! Very nice too meet you!” I said with fake joy in my voice as I shook the man’s hands. I always preferred to have a woman interviewing me, but Emmett said that this interview was very important and I couldn’t weasel my way out of it.

“It’s great to meet you too, darling.” He said flipping through his cards in his hands. I smiled and waved at my fans grinning when I heard the screams become louder.

“So, how is life with the famous boy band One Direction?”

Oh, so it was going to be one of these interviews. The ones when I would only be questioned about One Direction, not anything really about me.

“It’s great, we haven’t spoken in a few days since of my frantic tour and them going on a tour of their own, but I’m really happy for them.” I spoke trying not to wince when I said, ‘really happy for them.’ It wasn’t like I was saying bullshit about the band, and I was happy for them that they were going on their own tour.

“How do you feel about them taking in Lux while the stylist Lou Teasdale goes on a three month vacation with her husband?” He said smirking like I would say some bitchy remark back to him.

“I think that it’s great that they did that, and I think that they will have a blast of a time. They’re basically five more fathers to the young girl anyway, and I know how much Harry loves children.”

“So you’re not angry at all? Well these photos say different.” It was a photo of me on the beach dropping my camera and backing away from Louis and Lux, and then there were a couple more shots of me running away, and then also being carried away by Emmett. You couldn’t see the tears in my eyes in the last few when I was with Emmett. Freezing and trying to think of how I could make up an excuse.

“Oh haha those, we were playing hide-and-go-seek!” I frantically pushed out of my red lipstick covered mouth. My black sparkle nail polish covering my fingers playing with the little tie at the bottom of my black shirt. My Christian Loubution shoes covered with medium sized spikes and snake skin pattern on the toe pump part. I loved these shoes; I secretly had an obsession with them.

“Hide-and-go-seek? Really? Interesting, because over your whole tour we have sensed some tension between you two?”

Sighing, and looking back at Emmett in the crowd about to explode about the topic.  I was over it, well mostly, he looked back at me with soft eyes, not telling me what to do or what to say.

“I take that sigh as a yes then Grace?” He spoke, I turned back towards him, my hair now feeling too tightly pulled, my makeup beginning to itch on my skin, my feet beginning to cramp in my shoes. The air feeling sticky and heavy in the air.

Gulping and forcing the words to come up that I knew would have everyone relieved, well majority of the people, everyone except me.

“No, there is nothing happening between One Direction and I, as I said before my tour and their own has had us both under constant pressure and sometimes we, like all humans, get angry over little things when they are under pressure.”

“I see, as we humans all make mistakes too.”

“But what do you have to say on this video with Harry Styles and a fan?” He spoke, his god awful smirk showing his yellow teeth peeking through his chapped lips; a video began playing on the tablet that was soon passed into my hands. It was extremely dark out and the camera that took this was shaky and fuzzy, they couldn’t focus on one thing, that’s when I heard the voice and the ‘supposed’ Harry spoke. I automatically knew it wasn’t him because he was wearing a white shirt that dipped down enough to show off the bird ‘tattoos’ but all three or two of his necklaces were gone.