prolouge

They say when you're away from your parents for so long, it makes you miss them more. Lies. Calum has been away from his parents for 5 solid years and has never once called or visited. Until now at least.

He wasn't visiting because he realized he seemed rude or it was wrong, no, he's simply doing it because he has to. His original home was vandalized and broken into. Not only that they burned his furniture and just destroyed everything inside. The only things that weren't damaged were some of his clothing and his precious box of memories.

Now he's in a car, suit case in hand, and making his way to the castle. "Your parents are very excited to see you again, my prince." Said his chauffeur. But calum only scoffed and said, "They'll probably be excited when they're done scolding me for leaving the castle on my 18th birthday, which means their excitement will come within 3 days." The man laughed at Calum's sarcasm and continued driving.

When they arrived calum groaned. His chauffeur carried his bags inside while calum just carried his duffle bag. As soon as he stepped in he was embraced into a bone crushing hug by his mother. "Oh my son has returned! This is a grand day, isn't it David?" Calum's mom, Joy, asked her husband, David. "It would be, if he had not left after we gave him everything he ever wanted." Calum just glared and asked to be escorted to his room. But was stopped, once again by his father. "I'll remind you that you're in my house and you will live by my rules." He stated.

"And then you wonder why I left." He mumbled. Calum was escorted to his room and on the way he bumped into his sister Mali-Koa. "Didn't expect to see you here Cal." She spoke. Calum studied his sister and noticed her belly. Mali was pregnant? "Uh yeah neither did I. So by looking at your belly, I assume you're married?" "Yeah, second child actually, I have a 2 year old daughter named Grace, whom which I'm looking for." Calum was going to reply when he felt tiny hands pulling his shirt.

He looked down and was greeted with green eyes. "Hello mister." Said the little girl. Also known as Grace. Calum wasn't really fond of children, so when the little girl appeared he tried to hold back a grimace. She had chocolate on her face and cookie crumbs on her shirt. "There you are Grace! Two days in this castle and you're already causing trouble. Wait till papa hears about this." Said Mali, the little girls' eyes began to glisten. Next thing you know it she was full on crying. Calum couldn't take it anymore so he walked away and into his room. Only to stumble upon someone.

"Ow!" Said the voice. Calum looked up and was met with a gorgeous set of eyes. The blonde stood up and was about to yell at the person when he realized the person he bumped into was Prince Calum. "I am so sorry my prince, I should've been looking." Calum was too busy staring at the boy, until he realized he was staring longer than he should have. "No, it's fine really. No need to apologize uh... What's your name?" "Hemmings, Luke Robert Hemmings." Calum stood up and and wiped himself off. "Well Luke, I don't like being called Prince Calum, so just call me Calum or Cal." Luke looked a little bit uneasy. "I don't know, your parents would find it rude for a servant to call you by your first name."

Calum chuckled and took Luke's hand in his. "How about you call me Calum when its just you and me. And then when we're around my parents or anybody else you call me Prince or whatever." Luke was a sweating mess he was told by his older brother Ashton that the prince was very handsome, but I think 'handsome' is an understatement. "Okay, well I cleaned everything and changed the sheets on your bed and cleaned out your closet, so you're set to settle in." Calum smiled and thanked him.

Before Luke could exit Calum grabbed the boy by the arm and swung him around, faces inches apart. "I hope to see you soon Luke." Luke nodded and exited the room when Calum released his arm.

And all day while calum stayed in his room he couldn't help but smile when he thought of the blonde boy.

************************
I have soooooo many cake feels rn you don't understand.

If you didn't know I ship cake more than I love free WiFi.

I really hope you all enjoy this book as much as I will writing it. Lots of shit is gonna go down so beware.

Until next time!