Chapter 10

Luke was sitting impatiently in the waiting room with Ash. "Calm down Luke, the baby is going to be fine. Right now he's probably the size of a peanut." Luke giggled, he imagined how tiny and weird looking his baby is right now. No hands, no face, no legs, such a cute yet weird little thing. "I still can't believe that áss hole denied his own baby. He better pray we don't cross paths, oh so help me I'll-" "Stop! If you hurt him you'll be thrown in jail! I don't want you to be in there for something stupid. If he doesn't want his kid then oh well, he's gonna have me around and you. He'll be the happiest baby around."

Ash admired his younger brother. He loved the way he would talk about providing everything he can for his baby. "Luke?" Luke stood up along with Ashton and followed the woman to a room. "Alright, Dr. Medrano will be here soon okay?" "Wait, I thought Dr. Tomlinson was gonna be my doctor?" "No, you need someone who is more experienced with child birth." Luke nodded sadly, he hoped this doctor didn't think it was weird that he's expecting.

After 5 minutes of talking with Ash, Dr. Davis came in. "Hi Luke, I'm Dr. Davis, I'm your midwife." Luke's eyes widened, he doesn't have a wife, he's gay! "I'm sorry, but I don't remember marrying you." Dr. Davis laughed. "No, midwife means I'm a doctor who's experianed with childbirth. I'll also be with you during labor, to help you deliver the baby." Luke sighed in relief. Ashton was trying so hard not to laugh at his brothers stupidity.

"Are you the father?" Ashton choked on his spit. "No no! I'm his brother, the baby's uncle." "Oh where's the father?" Luke felt sad instantly. "He left us." Dr. Davis felt bad for the boy. So young and expecting, what kind of áss hole abandons his partner in a time of need? "Very well, Luke please lift up your shirt." Luke did as told, he saw Dr. M take out a tube filled with blue gel.

"Now Luke this is going to be cold okay?" When the gel made contact with Luke's tummy, he shivered. He wondered if the baby could also feel the coldness. "This is a wand its gonna help me see the baby." He watched as she spread the gel around his stomach. "Okay Luke, you see this black thing?" Luke nodded. "That's your uterus and see that black dot? That's the baby. By the looks of it you're 2 weeks along." Even though the baby was small Luke's heart swelled at the sight.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" "The baby is too small and hasn't developed its parts yet. You'll be able to know at around 4 in a half months maybe even at 5." Dr. Davis handed Luke a tissue to wipe the gel off of him. "Would you like pictures? I know the baby is small, but families ask for pictures even at 2 weeks." "Yes! 4 please." Dr. Davis did something on the computer and out came the pictures. Luke stared at them in awe. He was carrying a baby. A mini him....or Calum or even a a pretty little girl!

They thanked the doctor and walked out. Ashton walked to the front desk to receive the slip for Luke's next appointment.

Luke may not be rich, but he isn't poor either. He knows that with the help of his family he can give this baby a perfect life.

Calum was back at the castle. He was so stupid, why didn't he use protection?! Now he has his honey knocked up. He hates kids! He lost his baby for good.

Calum heard the back door open and close. "Wait in my room yeah? I'll be back I promise." He heard Luke's footsteps come closer to the stairs, and there he was, wearing sweatpants and a shirt of a band from years ago called Fall Out Boy. The blonde was holding a slip of paper in his hands. When he reached the top he stopped. He saw Calum looking at him with desperate eyes. But he just continued to walk.

"Honey wait!" Calum grabbed Luke's arm and made him face him. "Please talk to me, we can talk things through." Luke said nothing. He took Luke into his room and locked it once they were inside. "Baby I love you, I do and I'm sorry for what I said. I was just shocked okay? I'm not fond of children and well I guess the sound of you expecting sounded," "horrifying?" "Yeah, but look there's still time, we can abort the baby or we can give it up." Luke took a few steps back from Calum. "I'm keeping the baby Calum, in not gonna give it away or even kill it! How could you even think that? This baby shouldn't pay for our mistakes."

"What mistakes? For not using protection?" "That and for believing in lies. I gotta go Ashton's waiting for me, and I need to talk to your parents. They need to know I'm pregnant, but don't worry I won't say it's yours." Luke walked out and made his way to their bedroom. As always he knocked and received a 'come in.' "Luke darling how are you feeling? What did the doctor say?" He never told them yesterday what happened, he was too busy crying and talking to Ashton to leave the room. "I found out that- that I'm pregnant." Joy gasped, how could this be? "B-but how?" "Male pregnancy has increased by 5% over the past decade my Queen." She just nodded and sat down on her bed alongside David.

"I came to tell you that I won't be working here anymore. I need to spend my time staying healthy, I am not just feeding my self anymore." "We understand completely. I admire you Luke, so young and soon to be a father. We'd like to help you if you don't mind. You've been such a hard worker these past 4 years and it's only fair to help you and your baby in time of need. Your partner must be so happy." Luke looked down, he was about to cry. "It doesn't have one. It was a one night stand, well at least for him. I actually loved him and he just left when I told him."

Joy wanted to cry as well. "Oh my goodness, then you'll definitely need our help." Luke felt a tear escape his eye. He looked up at Joy with the most serious face. "I tend to provide things for my baby by myself along with the help of my family." Joy was about to speak when David stepped in. "Luke, you may have only been with us for 4 years, but I have seen you as another son. How about this, you come here once a month to claim a check from us. That check is for you and your baby. I assume the baby is still small so you won't get a check today, but next month you come back and we'll give you a fair amount."

Luke thought about it for a minute. He will need as much help as possible. With the money he saved that's only enough for two packages of diapers and blankets and with what his parents make that's enough for formula and pacifiers And with what Ash makes that's only enough for a mattress for the crib.

"Alright, I accept the offer. But the help must stop once he or she is a year old. I think I can provide the rest after it turns one." "Very well. You may claim your things and leave. Good luck on your journey Luke." He bowed one last time before exiting their room.

It took them almost an hour to get everything into boxes and into the truck. He got in along with Ashton and drove off to his parents home.

From the window Calum watched as he let Luke slip away forever.

*******************************
I wrote this really quick because I won't be able to update tomorrow. I'm going to a water park that's out of town which means no WiFi.

All the information about pregnancy is what my sisters told me. If it's wrong I  apologize. Blame them not me! I'm just a poor girl with no life. So plz don't fight me!

~Vivi