Misfit [ Loki / Child!Reader ]

To most I was always a trouble maker, causing a little mischief here and there. Making others laugh or sometimes even cry--they would cry about stupid things too. Though there were the moments where I didn't even do anything and I was blamed. There was nothing I could do about it.

Several years passed, I turned 11. Just like any other 11 year old I ventured out to the play ground to swing. Kicking my legs restlessly--my mother always said I had too much energy. Like a rabbit. Gray clouds formed in the sky, circling around the school as if they were waiting for the right time to make it rain. I sighed, "You seem rather annoyed, child." A smooth voice spoke up from behind causing me to jump off the swing. Immediately turning around, a growl climbed up my throat but I hadn't let it escape. "Relax, I mean no harm."

I didn't know that, I didn't know if I should trust that. Being taught everyone could hurt you was a very hard time in the real world. "I'm not annoyed. It gets boring around here, not having friends stink. No one likes me because I'm weird." The man was tall, thin, long black hair, on his right cheek was a small cut. He seemed off, something about him seemed 'not human'. With no word said he reached out grabbing ahold of the swing, glancing down at it, motioning for me to sit. As I did he began to push me, gently.

"You are weird? I see nothing off about you, child. You seem to be overreacting, much like most humans do." The man spoke up, continuing to push me. I kicked my legs listening to his words, a frown appearing on my lips, grabbing onto the chain I jumped off mid air. Landing on my feet I crossed my arms gazing up at him. He raised a brow in interest.

"That's not true! My step father says I'm weird! He says I'm a freak." With a loud 'humph' I plopped down on my butt in the dirt, grumbling to myself. The man sighed rolling his eyes making his way over to me, kneeling down. "He says I don't belong here, I should be locked up like they did to my real mama!"

That perked an interest to the god, tilting his head rubbing my back he smiled, "What could you mean by that, child? Your mother is at home, correct?"

Shaking my head violently I shot my gaze up to meet his piercing eyes, "No, no. She's not my real Mama. She's my fake mama. My real mama was...the bad men took her away in a cage when I was small..." I trailed off, "She's not a freak!" Snapping I yanked away from the trickster, climbing to my feet clenching my jaw. As I stared at the tall male his eyes seemed to grow wide in surprise/shock or maybe fear, no, it wasn't fear. He didn't seem like the type to get afraid easily, not like my classmates.

The man cleared his throat, "Child, what's your name?" His hand rested upon my shoulder in a comforting sort of way, only to me I wanted to shake it off.

I huffed, "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers."

He sighed mumbling something to himself before responding, "Fine, I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours. My name is Loki." My eyes glistened growing wide.

"The Loki? The one who—" I was nearly bouncing with excitement gazing up at the male with such happiness.

"Yes, that Loki. That's me. Now, tell me your name, Child." Clearly he was losing his patience but I couldn't notice, I never noticed when someone was growing impatient with me.

"My name is [Y/N]," I said cheerfully, climbing to my feet. "And I'm special." Loki smiled (forcefully?), rubbing my shoulder guiding me closer to him.

"I'd say you are very special. Tell me, can you do that thing again with your eyes?"

I stopped, tilting my head to the side gazing up at him in such confusion. What thing with my eyes? Did he mean the thing my mum did? My real mom did. "I don't know if that's a good idea, my mom used to do it. But people got hurt."

Loki rubbed the middle of my back smiling softly, kneeling down to meet eye level, "I'll make sure you won't hurt anyone. Show me."

Nodding gently I closed my eyes gripping onto my loose shirt, as I opened my eyes I looked up at the god. Loki seemed happy enough, to me I had no idea why he was so happy. Or excited so it seemed.

Loki stared into the little child's dark red eyes. Oh how did Odin miss this? A frost giant child walking among earth. A frost giant was living on earth. How did Heimdall miss this? "I know what you are, [Y/N]."

My heart skipped a few beats, would I finally get some answers? Some solid answers? "Really? What am—" Then Loki's eyes changed, his skin turning a cold blue color. Shocked I stepped back eyes growing wide, "Am I that? That...that's—"

"Monstrous?" Loki pipped up.

"So cool!" I grinned ear from ear grabbing ahold of Loki's wrist, "What's it called?"

Loki seemed confused and somewhat shocked at my response, he seemed to half expect me to think he was some monster. Most would if you looked like this. Most would run away and scream. But I did not.

"You are a Frost Giant, child."