Explain yourself

,,...Daughter of Rosa Messina and Giovanni Messina,'' Jacopo said out loud. In that moment mine, and I believe everyone's heart, stopped.

My parents. What is happening?? How do the Medici know I am here?? And what the hell do they mean that they bought me?! Am I a piece of a furniture?! 

I was scared, confused, angry, sad, nervous, worried...I felt all kinds of emotions in that moment. Guglielmo tried to hide me behind him even better. I looked at Francesco and seeing his expression didn't help me at all. He was panicking. ,,Guards,'' Lucrezia spoke again and all the guards started walking toward Guglielmo and me. ,,No!! No!!'' Francesco screamed as he was trying to get to me but couldn't get through the group of people. But he didn't stop. He was slowly getting closer and closer. The Pazzi's servants and guards were confused. They were all looking around and bumping into each other. The Medici's guards were already in front of Guglielmo. ,,Sorella!!'' Francesco screamed again. He was just a few metres from me when the guards captured him and stopped him from going any further. He started fighting them. Jacopo remained silent. The situation was a mess. ,,You don't have any right to do this!!'' Guglielmo yelled into the guards faces as they grabbed him by his arms and dragged away to get to me. ,,Let go!!'' ,,Francesco!!'' I screamed and tried to run toward him but I couldn't. They grabbed my arm and stopped me from doing so. We looked at each other and tried to fight the guards one more time. Francesco was successful. I was not. He ran to me. Just one more step. One more step and he could hold me in his arms again. But they stopped him again. ,,Francesco!!'' ,,Sorella!!'' They stopped us an inch from each other and started dragging me away. I looked at Jacopo. ,,Do something!!'' I yelled. ,,Uncle!!'' Francesco yelled at him as well but he didn't even look at us and walked away. You piece of...

The guards almost threw me into a horse carriage and locked the door. ,,Francesco!! Guglielmo!!'' I screamed one more time before the carriage started going. I was kicking it's door but it was useless. 

The ride was really short. I would walk it...under different circumstances. But they probably didn't want the whole city to hear me screaming. Seriously...this can't be happening. 

The guards opened the carriage's door and waited for me to get out. ,,You're not gonna drag me there??'' I asked quite surprised. ,,Of course not my sweet Sorella,'' I heard Lucrezia and when she stepped closer to the carriage I could see her as well. She pulled her hand to me to help me get down on the ground. I hesitated for a moment but refused it in the end and stepped down from the carriage on my own. She kept staring at her hand for another moment but then smiled for herself and looked at me. ,,Sorella,'' she started. ,,What is happening Signora Medici??'' I started as well. ,,Oh don't call me that. You have always been calling me Lucrezia. Come inside...I assume we should talk a little,'' she said with this huge smile on her face but I didn't smile at all. ,,I want to go back,'' I tried. ,,You know that's not happening. Now you'll live here with us, where you belong,'' she grabbed my hand and almost dragged me into the house. 

The servants took me to the bathroom and let me bath. Right after that Lucrezia came and took me to a room. ,,We will talk tommorow,'' she smiled, shoved me inside the room and locked the door. ,,It's for your own safety,'' she whispered behind the door and walked away. I fell to the ground with my back leaned against the door. ,,What the hell...'' I finally sighed. I felt like I wasn't able to say anything until that moment. I rested my head in my hands and started crying.

Why is this happening?? Why do these things keep happening to me?? Why can't I be happy?? I wanted one thing. One simple thing. To be with a person I love. They don't have any right to drag me away from there like that...or do they??

I layed on the ground and cried myself to sleep. I was exhausted. I was tired...of living like this. 

Knocking on the door was what woke me up in the morning. I slowly sat up. ,,Sorella, I'm going in,'' I heard Lucrezia and a moment after I could hear the door being unlocked. I slowly stood up and walked to the bed without looking at her. I sat on the bed and tried not to face her. I was so angry with her. So much. ,,I brought you some clean dress-'' ,,I hate you,'' I said and it surprised even me myself when I heard it. ,,Oh, uhm...I'll help you put it on,'' she totally ignored what I just said. ,,I don't need any help from you. I don't want anything from you,'' I said and finally looked at her. Tears started forming in my yes. ,,Oh my dear, I know it's hard. But this is how it was supposed to be,'' she said kindly and pressed me to her chest to comfort me. It felt relieving. ,,I didn't mean it...'' I mummbled. ,,I know you didn't,'' she said, pulled away and held my face to make me look at her. ,,I know this is hard...and it's most likely going to be like this for sometime. But trust me...sooner or latter, you'll be happy,'' she kept saying words that didn't make any sence to me. She stood up and started combing my hair. ,,You're really beautiful. Just like your mother. Your mother was really, really beautiful. All the boys would always fight over her. She made me jealous a lot of times,'' she laughed. ,,Why are you saying this??'' I didn't understand. ,,It just came to my mind,'' she said as she finished combing my hair and then made me stand up and put the clean dress on.  

,,I can't wait for their reactions,'' she whispered full of joy and took my hand. She led me through the house to the another end of it. ,,Ready??'' she smiled before she opened the big door and dragged me into a huge dinning room. ,,Good morning my beloved children, I brought someone special,'' she annouced to get everyone's attention and it really worked. Lorenzo, Giuliano, Bianca,Sandro and a few other people looked our way and all of them rested their eyes on me. Sandro and Giuliano were drinking water in that moment making them both spill it out from their mouths and start coughing. ,,Sorella?!'' Bianca screamed, quickly stood up from the table and ran to me. I was just staying there not knowing what to do. She jumped at me and fully embraced. ,,Is it really you?? I can't believe it?? How...mother how is it possible??'' she asked the thing everyone wanted to ask. ,,I believe we all have a lot of questions...let's eat the breakfast first and then we will try to explain and understand everything,'' she said and made me sit next to her place making me face everyone. Oh God help me. 

All of them kept staring at me. The servants started bringing the food and putting it on the table but no one paid any attention to it. ,,Thank you,'' I said politely as I got my meal served right under my nose. ,,Are you not hungry??'' Lucrezia asked because I didn't start eating. ,,I can't really eat with this many eyes on me,'' I admitted and everyone probably realised what I just said because they started slowly getting their looks away. ,,So it was you-'' Sandro started but when Lucrezia looked at him the way she did...he immediately stopped and stuffed a piece of his meal into his mouth to remain silent. ,,No talking when eating,'' Lucrezia mummbled to prevent anyone else from doing so. 

We all finished the meal and waited for Lucrezia to start talking. You could cut the tension in the room. ,,Poliziano can you and the rest of your friends leave us as a family alone for now, please??'' Lucrezia asked politely and three young men stood up and walked out from the room.

,,Where do we start?!'' Giuliano couldn't wait anymore. 

I need to get back to Francesco as soon as possible.

A/N

Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank you so much for such a feedback on the last part!! It made me really, really happy!!
This part is kinda shorter because I didn't have that much time but wanted to publish at least something.

Also, I really hope all of you and your families are safe in this terrible situation that's going on. It makes me so sad to see what's happening...
My country already has over 1100 infected...but that's nothing compared to my beloved Italy and many, many other countries.

Sending love to all of you, we will make it through it!! Stay safe, stay strong!!

<3 <3 <3