Home ~ Chapter 46

Make sure you check out my other book, "Him."!!!
_________________

I froze. I hadn't even thought about moving back to the house. It was abvious that he wanted me to, but I was still hesitant. Many vivid memories from the house were still etched into my head that I wished were not.

"Well?" Jordan asked, tapping his foot lightly against the brown carpet.

His green eyes were burning holes into me as he waited for an answer.

"I haven't really thought about it," I told him honestly. What else was there to say?

He looked as though he didn't believe me. He got up and came and sat beside me.

"Nora, this is important. Will you please just move back, please?" He asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I sighed heavily and groaned.

"Jordan," I said about to get up, but he grabbed my hands.

"You have nothing left here for you, nothing. Everything you could ever want is back at home," he said.

"This is my home."

"You are not listening! You have to come home with me. You have to," he told me, getting mad.

I scoffed. Here he goes again, thinking he owns me.

"I don't have to do anything," I said, trying to get out of his grasp with no avail.

"Nora, we will both die soon if you don't. Mates can't deny each other for more than a few years before they die, Chris probably told you that," he explained.

I was sick of listening to him and fighting, because I knew in the end I would eventually go back with him.

"Whatever! Let me go," I said. He raised his eyebrows at me in shock.

I got up, about to go pack and clean up.

"No need to go and pack.  Get your shoes on. I'll have a car waiting for us," he told me.

I turned back to him and turned my head.

"You still have all my clothes and stuff?" I asked, shocked.

He nodded slightly, denying eye contact. I laughed, he was embarrassed.

"Let me grab my phone and shoes and I'll be out," I spoke, walking towards my bedroom.

I changed my outfit into high waisted shorts, a black T-shirt crop top, and all black converse. I put on a black and white cardigan in case I got chilly.

I grabbed my phone and phone charger and walked out of the room. Jordan was waiting for me by the door. When he saw me his eyes widened.

"What?" I questioned, thinking there was something on my face or something.

"Nothing. You just look....cute?" He said, his statement sounding more like a question.

I giggled at him and we walked out the door. Chris was waiting for us in a car.

"After you, malady," Jordan said, opening the back door for me.

I smiled and got in. He was in an awfully good mood.

"Thank you," I said. He slid in after  me.

"You aren't sitting in the front?" I asked.

I thought it was odd he wouldn't sit in the front.

"Nope. Now buckle up. We have a long drive," he stated.

I sat in the middle while he sat by one of the windows. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me.

The light drone of the car's engine and the quiet murmurs of Chris and Jordan put me to sleep.

***

"Nora," someone pushed my shoulder, trying to wake me up. "Nora?" I was already awake, just not opening my eyes.

"Mmmm," I grumbled.

"Fine," it was Jordan's voice. Soon, I felt his arms wrap under my knees and back as he lifted me out of the car.

He continued carrying me, and I continued to keep my eyes closed.

"I'm going to put you down on your feet so you should open your eyes," he laughed.

I groaned and opened my eyes as he sat me down on my feet. We were inside the familiar pack house.

"Welcome home," he said behind me, putting his arms around my waist.

__________________________________

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. Make sure you check out my other book, "Him." Vote, comment, and follow!