Finale ~ Chapter 60

Point out errors. BTW this is the last chapter.

Nora POV

Leo and I left the cave, our hands clasped together. Finally free.

A few of Shane's pack members carried Jordan out of the cave as well. He was going to be sitting in a dungeon for a while.

As for Jordan's pack, well, they would now be in Leo's care. He would be their new alpha.

Shane had shocked me by never telling me he was an alpha. I do not know what his reasons were for not telling me, but I did not care.

He saved my life not only once, but twice. And for that, I owed him.

*

About a month had passed before Leo finally got everything situated with both packs. He decided to join both of our lands together.

That way, we were not living on top of each other and fighting, which was what would have been expected.

Leo was so stressed about everything. He finally found out it had been Christopher that had kidnapped me, and he was going to be in a dungeon, like Jordan.

A lot of late nights and awful sleeping patterns for Leo is what made me sleep separately from him, even though he hated that.

The real reason was the nightmares that mocked me in my sleep. I refused to let anyone see me in a weak state. Most of the time I would wake up drenched in sweat and rapid breathing.

I would not let Leo find out. He would have been even more stressed out.

We had not gotten any closer than before. He was too busy for us to hang out or anything. He smiled at me if he saw me, but was quickly rushed to work.

I was not to sad, I knew it would all be worth it in the end.

One day, I was walking back to my room after eating my dinner in the kitchen on my floor.

I was tired, and wanted sleep. I opened my bedroom door and walked over to my bed, rubbing my eyes.

I took my pants off and got into bed. I tensed up immediately. There was a hard, warm figure beside me.

I opened my mouth to scream, but a large hand came over my mouth.

"Relax," he said, laughing.

I relaxed at the voice, it was Leo.

"Hi," I breathed out.

He laughed a hearty laugh.

"Hello."

I got out of bed and picked my pants up, embarrassed that I had taken them off in front of him. I hurriedly slipped them back on and sat down.

He may have been my mate, but I hardly knew him as well as I needed to.

Leo laughed again at my action.

"So, someone told me something that had me worried," he said seriously, rubbing my back.

I gulped nervously. "What would that have been?" I asked.

"Someone was walking past your room last night. And he or she told me that they heard whimpering and crying from inside this very room. Is that true?" He asked me.

I hesitated, thinking of a good lie.

"Yeah, um, probably. I mean Jordan used to tell me all the time how I cried in my sleep, or how I laughed. Weird, huh?" I said, convincingly.

"Oh okay good. I was just worried about you," he told me.

I smiled. "Thanks."

I felt him sit up and slide off the bed.

"No problem. Except, I have just been called to sign some treaty paper," he said, with a glum expression.

I shrugged, used to never seeing him.

"Go ahead," I whispered.

Leo sighed and came over to me. He lightly touched my head as he leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully," I said. He walked to the door.

"Until we meet again, love," he said before leaving me alone.

....

THE END.

Cliffhangers suck :)

So comment if your thoughts on the book, what you liked and what you didn't like. If you want a book two, let me know. But for now, check out my other book.

I absolutely love you all, thank you for reading to the very end. Xoxo