Elders ~ Chapter 47

The familiar sights in front of me brought back many memories. The scents of delicious food, cookies maybe, and the smell of the house invaded my nose. It felt as if I had never even left. Everything was just so familiar, too familiar.

I had still been standing in the doorway, Jordan standing behind me with his arms around me. I relaxed and leaned into him. For the first time, I felt like I was actually home. Never in my life had I been comfortable enough to call something home and actually mean it.

I began walking away, pushing out of Jordan's hold. I wanted to go to my old room and see if it was still where I remembered. Instead of going over to the elevator, I walked to the elegant marble stairs.

"Nora?" Jordan called from behind me. I turned and looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Where are  you going?" he questioned, even though it seemed as though he already knew where I was headed.

"Our room," I answered. I started back up the stairs.

"It's this way," he told me.

I stopped and turned around. I felt a bit stupid. Of course he knew where I was going, but he was trying to help me out. I could tell he was trying to hold in laughter as I followed him to our room.

He took me down many long and confusing hallways. I never remembered that part of the house.

"I thought our bedroom was upstairs." I spoke. We hadn't even ascended any stairs or taken an elevator yet.

"It was," he told me, saying no more.

I became confused. For what reason was our room switched to the first floor?

"You're probably wondering," he turned and look at me as we were outside a large wooden door. "why our room is down here, right?"

I nodded. Of course I was curious.

He scratched his head and looked around before making eye contact with me.

"Our room doesn't exist anymore, really," he said, making even more questions pop up into my head.

But before I could say anything, he held up his hand.

"I know you would like a room tour, so shall we?" he asked, holding out his arm for me to take. It was actually quite amusing.

"Yes sir," I giggled and grabbed his arm.

He smiled and pushed open the huge door. (Pic to the side of the room) The room behind it was breathtaking. Two doors, one to my left and one to my right were right by me when I walked in, a bathroom and closet most likely. The flooring of the room was light glassy wood. There was a long stretching window across the one side of the walls. The beautiful scenery outside had me lost for words.

There was an elegant white couch facing away from the windows with a blue carpet underneath it. The bed had white sheets on it and man, it looked super comfy. There was a fireplace, a few yards away from the couch and bed. This room was actually a dream, a very very very pleasant and beautiful dream.

I looked around with my mouth gaping wide open. I hadn't any idea what to say. The first thing I knew to do was run over to the bed. I jumped onto it on my stomach. It hit the spot. I swear I almost fell asleep within the two seconds I was on it.

I felt a dip in the bed after a few moments. Jordan was sitting beside me.

"So, you like the room?" he asked.

I looked up at him with a blank expression on my face.

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" I stood up on the bed and squealed. I thought anyone would be excited if they got this room.