8 ~ Trial

You slowly opened your eyes scared of what had happened. Jins hand was slightly open and beams of light were let though. You quickly got up and gently pushed on jins fingers but you got no response. 

Your heart hammered in worry and you quickly shoved you way past jins closed hand and you were standing on the bright red sand with jin passed out beside you. 

You gasped seeing jin passed out and your little legs quickly ran. It was hard running in the red sand but you manged to make it to his face. You gently poked jins face with your hand in worry as you spoke

"jin, jin, wake up please" your eyes were teary and you were terrified. You were terrified that you would lose him. 

But when you heard a groan and jin shifted in his spot  you sighed in relief. Jin's eyes slowly opened and he gasped. He quickly lifted you in his hands while he sat up and he brought you close to his face. 

"are you alright y/n" he asked and you spoke "I'm fine jin, what happened" you asked and jin looked around the area you two were in. 

The ground was still covered in red sand but the trees were now a red color and the night sky was replaced by a bright shining sun. The red trees swayed slightly as a breeze went by, but other than the red trees there was only sand for miles and no sign of the other boys. 

You were terrified and worried, what if the other boys got swallowed by the sand and ended up somewhere else. It seems like you all had been separated for some reason. 

"it seems like the stories about the forest may be real" jin mumbled out and he stood up in the sand holding you gently in his hand. 

"well for now our priority should be finding the others" jin said

"yeah, you're right" you replied. Jin began walking across the sand, his movements were short because the sand seemed to sink deeper as he moved. You began to worry and spoke

"jin I don't think it's a good idea to move, the sand seems to be making you sink" you said softly. But jin didn't answer and he simply kept moving, a expression on his face that you had seen earlier when the other brought up their previous jobs.

It was an expression you thought was sadness but the more you looked at jins face the more you didn't quite know what the expression was. You grew more worried as jin ignored your pleas to stop travelling as his legs sank further into the bright red sand. 

But finally you spoke "JIN PLEASE" jins movements didn't stop though, it was like for some reason he was determined to keep moving, even if that meant sinking. You had no idea what would happen if he sank through the sand, maybe you would end up somewhere else, but another part of you was just worried that something bad could happen. 

Your heart hammered as the unfamiliar emotion on jins face brought a sense of unease to you as he kept trudging forwards and you wished you were normal sized, maybe then you could stop his from being so reckless. 

But right now being the size of his hand all you could do watch watch as he held you in his hand. 

You could only watch as jin seemed to be running to his death. 

Your heart shattered while he kept sinking and you pleaded once more, but this time you were sobbing. Without realizing you had started crying, you knew it was because you were scared for jin. You were scared he would disappear if he sank through into the red sand fully. 

Finally, jin halted hearing you soft cries.

"y/n, why are you crying" he said finally snapping out of his blind journey to recklessly travel across the sand. 

"a-are you stupid jin. You're sinking but you are so set on travelling through the sand" you said still crying and jin spoke

"please don't cry y/n" jins voice was soft as he held you in his hands

"please, I'm sorry for worrying you" you looked up at jin and wiped your tears trying to calm down. 

"why were you so set on going anyways" you asked. You truly were wondering why jin was so set on travelling through the sand, you wanted to know what the expression on his face meant. 

You heard jin sighed while his legs were partially stuck in the sand not allowing him to move much. 

"you wouldn't understand y/n, I just knew I needed to get out of here and find everyone. I need to get to the castle" he said with a unfamiliar tone in his voice. He sounded desperate, you wondered what had gotten into him. 

But then the same unfamiliar expression showed up on his face. 

You looked at him intensely trying your best to determine what the expression on his face meant. 

"I understand jin, I'm worried about everyone too" you said knowing jin must be worried about everyone. 

Jin sighed again "it's not only that. You don't understand, I need to get there no matter what" jin said with the same expression on his face. 

The wind blew by as you two stayed in silence. 

The red sand from the ground seemed to be endless in front of you two and you wondered what jin meant. 

You looked at jin in worry wondering what was bothering him, why he was so determined to go to the castle. But the unfamiliar expression on his face seemed to only be more visible as jin tried to move once again. 

He trashed in the sand but his legs were stuck and you tried to calm him down but he seemed to be set on going to the castle. 

But before you could protest again you heard a voice "so, its seems like you are the one who will face the first trial"