Father Son Chats

_____Royce's Point of View_____

.
.
.

Two weeks had passed since school started. Alexia and I had gotten into the routine of her picking me up in the morning, us stopping at a little cafe before school, and then walking into first period together where she now sits right in front of me.

Unfortunately I stopped spending the night, as much as I wanted to continue sharing a bed with her (despite not doing anything but cuddling and kissing) I felt like I was taking advantage of her grandmothers generosity so I started staying at the pack house.

This came with its own downfalls:

The main one being, I now have to see Roy all the time.

This wouldn't be such a huge problem if he didn't try to act all fatherly. We both know he fucked up all those years ago. But seriously, dude needs to just chill out, I'm grown already. I don't need father son talks, or extravagant gifts like the motorcycle he purchased for me.

"I've noticed your magazines lying around." He smiled proudly when he showed the bike to me the first time, "if its not the kind you're into, we can always take it back together and you can pick out the one you really want."

"I-it's a nice bike, seriously...its just a little much."

Roy nodded his head a little hurt, "I understand..." He sighed. "I know it's hard and I can't apologize enough for my past, but you have to realize that I rejected your mother not you son."

"My mother is a part of me!" I growled.

"And like it or not, so am I" he pointed out. "Had I known about you from day one I would've chosen your mother in a heartbeat, you don't know how fucking hard it was to even reject her...for years my wolf went against me because I went against him in rejecting her."

"What do you mean?"

He leaned against the work bench in the garage and looked down, unable to meet my eyes. "When a Were with alpha blood rejects their mate it throws off the balance that a Were has with its wolf, this is dangerous because we depend on our wolves for various things, the most important being battle."

I didn't know what to say so I remained quiet and he continued.

"Sure I chose to marry and be with Victoria but you can ask anyone, our marriage is a loveless one, yes I have two children that I love dearly from her but it's not the same...we did what we had to do to please our parents, if I could go back I would absolutely have chosen your mother that night."

"To ease your own suffering." I snickered.

"Yes, but not in the way you think" he admitted. "For nearly eighteen years I have been haunted by your mothers gorgeous face crumbling when I told her I didn't want to be with her, that I chose someone else before her."

"Enough about the would've, should've, could'ves...tell me something I don't know." I offered. I knew I had to talk to him, so if I really had to then at least let it be about less depressing stuff.

"What do you want to talk about?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, tell me about my siblings."

Roy smiled. "Well you've met Bryson, and I know how he comes off..."

"Arrogant, cocky, entitled, self-centered."

He chuckled, "all of the above, but he wasn't always like that." He told me. "He was such a sweet and caring little boy, it wasn't until he hit his teenage years that he started obsessing with becoming Alpha of this pack, it's all his mother's ever instilled in him and because of it, he thinks he can call the shots."

"Why don't you do something about it?"

He shrugged, "I step in if I need to, like if he tries to banish people for not listening to him, but for the most part I needed the people of my pack to know who their Alpha in line was, now that's all changed now that you're here."

I sighed, "don't go signing anything away to me, remember I'm only here for a year...then I can leave if I want."

"You could always choose to stay as well." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and rotated my hand in a circular motion, silently telling him to 'move it along.'

He laughed "alright, alright...your sister, Raven, she is a lot like you to be honest." He smiled. "She's headstrong, determined, and quick as a whip...that girl is going to be my undoing, with the face of a Botticelli angel and the temper of the devil himself that girl is going to find herself in so much trouble..but she's got two older brothers that will hopefully be there for her."

"I don't have anything against my brother and sister." I acknowledged honestly, "although I'm sure Bryson would say differently."

"Give him time," he sighed "Bryson is...well he's set in his ways but I've always instilled in him family first, and you're family."

I shook my head, "to Bryson I'm not family, to him I'm the enemy...simply someone who's here to take what's been his for so long."

"As the Alpha it's my right to choose who I want to take this pack over when I step down, traditionally it goes to my first born son." He said sternly, "but if a candidate much more worthy of the title comes along then I could give it to that person instead. I have three children, each wonderful in their own right, and the title could go to any one of you, Raven included."

In that moment, a small sliver of pride poured into me and for a glimpse of a moment, Roy actually felt like my father. But the bitterness of my past filled me just as quickly and the moment was buried away.

"Now, be honest" he sounded, "do you really not like the bike?"

I chuckled, "the bike is fine, I'm just moping, now that I have my own vehicle Lexi won't have to pick me up anymore."

"Alexia Byers." He remarked, "she's a good girl."

I nodded.

"She's also clearly your mate." He pointed out.

"She is."

"Well as I'm not an expert on mates I can't give you much advice...just don't do what I did." He smiled weakly.

"Trust me, I'm not going to do anything to screw things up with a girl this good."