Future pt. 1

_____Royce's POV_____
.
.
.

After Ryland dropped me back off at the packhouse I went made my way through the few pack members that were there.

They offered me congrats, and smiled as I passed them and tried to make my way up to the room.

Of course Roy was waiting for me in the room.

"Oh...hey."

He gave me a smile before it turned sad, it always did that. "Just wanted to stop by and tell you how proud of you I am son..."

I didn't really know what to say, truth is Roy has been nothing but kind to me, but I still couldn't forgive what he had done to my mother.

He sighed, "I also wanted to say I'm glad you and your sister seem to have taking a liking toward one another."

At this I shrugged, "I told you I had nothing against either of my siblings."

"Just me." He said, "you're right, I deserve your hatred, what I did is unforgivable but I do hope that one day you can learn neither your mother or myself would want you to hold onto such bad memories, they're going to prevent you from loving forward in life."

His words struck a cord with me.

"You rejected my mother...you don't have any right to assume what she would have wanted."

"Son I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've loved your mother from the moment I met her and even still right now, that love I had for her only grew when I found you...you may not like it but what's done is done and at the end of the day I will always be your father no matter what."

"Too bad we can't reject our parents." I sounded coldly.

And with that he gave me another sad smile and left the room, it wasn't long before another knock sounded on the door and in walked Raven.

"Sooo, everyone in the packhouse couldn't help but overhear you and dad." She said before she closed the room door and walked over to the bed. She took a seat next to me and spoke on. "I know it doesn't change anything, but if it's any consolation...my parents can hardly stand one another."

Now I gave her a sad smile, it's gotta suck growing up in a house where your mom and dad don't get along.

"And you're also not the only one who wishes they could reject family members, in sure if she were given the chance my mother would reject me in a heartbeat."

"Why?" I asked intrigued.

Of course I had seen the way the two females interacted but chose not to speak on it.

At this she shrugged, "to her in a disappointment in every way possible, for one I'm not a son, for two I'm not graceful or gorgeous, and for three...I swear she's jealous that our dad actually loves us more than her...of course she justifies dads love for B as he's, up until this point, been the Alpha to be."

I shook my head and lowered my voice, "I have no intention of becoming Alpha of this pack."

She nodded, "then you're just as smart as I'd hope you'd be, this pack isn't much and hardly worth the effort of running it."

I sat there with my sister and we talked about our dysfunctional families.

"I can't wait to leave here." She sighed.

"You should come with me to visit my family."

"In London?" She asked half excited.

I nodded, "to be honest if I had to govern any pack it'd be Blood Dawn pack...my Aunt can't have kids, and as the next in line I'm more inclined to move back there."

"What about Lexi?" She asked.

At this I sighed, "I haven't exactly discussed this with her, but as my Mate I'd hope she'd be willing to come with me."

"You should talk with her, just so she doesn't find out at the last minute and feel like she's being put on the spot."

I nodded as I took in her words.

"You go get ready, I've still got to shower and then we can head over to the Byers house."

She left the room and I was alone for the first time today.

It didn't take me long to shower and get ready, and when I finished I left the room and hung out on the railing o the stairs looking down at all of the hustle and bustle of the packhouse. Sitting there in the living room was Raven, so unsure and completely ignored by everyone around her.

I felt for her, she was the true outcast here and what's worse, she's had to live her whole life like this.

I finally went down and together we took off on my bike, not exactly ideal but it was efficient in getting us from point A to point B.

We got to the Byers and found my Lexi and her aunt Jenny almost finished with dinner.

"Do you two mind setting the table?" My mate asked as I went over to give her a light peck.

Raven and I did as instructed and once we took our seats the food followed suite and soon we all sat around the table eating and talking happily.

After dinner Mrs Byers and Jenny announced they were taking off, Mrs Byers had a bridge game to go to and Jenny wanted to find a bar in town, Raven hitched a ride with them back to the packhouse so this left Lexi and I alone.

"Alone at last." I said as we laid in her bed, I stroked her hair as she casually draped herself over my body.

My wolf and I both realized that this was the first time we had truly been alone in a house together. I angled her face and let my lips touch hers.

She reciprocated the kiss with her own and all too soon our wolves were both clawing to come out.

Our kisses were deeper, our breathing was heavier and before I knew it she was pulling her clothes off and I was doing the same.

This was new to me, and I knew damn well Lexi hadn't done anything like this either.

"You sure about this?" I asked as I looked down at my gorgeous mate, her sweet face flushed an full of lust.

She nodded before reaching out to caress my face and kiss me, that was all I needed.

I put on a condom quickly and went back to the task at hand.

The actual action of having sex was great, but the fact that I was also making love to my little Mate was beyond words. Of corse it was sufficiently awkward as neither of us really knew what to expect, and knowing I had initially caused my Mate physical pain made me want to stop entirely...but she assured me she was fine so we continued.

It wasn't something that last long either, don't get me wrong it felt amazing, but so much so that I finished up pretty quick...not exactly my finest moment.

Thankfully there was no awkwardness afterwards as she cuddled her gorgeous body next to mine.

We talked and soon we were at it again, this time there wasn't much pain on her end and I managed to hold off from my own personal pleasure long enough for her to achieve her own this time.

After the second time around I could sense that she was exhausted, and I found that I too was also ready to rest for the evening.

We fell asleep in each other's arms and nothing could've been more perfect.