First Day-1

_____Royce's Point of View_____

.
.
.

As the rest of the weekend passed by I slowly grew more at ease as I felt the worst had passed.

It wasn't until Monday that I truly realized how wrong I was.

As promised, Alexia picked me up for our first day of Senior year, and once we reached the school is when everything happened.

"Hey I'll see you later, okay?" She smiled as she gave my hand a final squeeze and then let go.

"You're leaving me?"

Lexi giggled, "I just gotta meet up with a teacher to talk about college credits, but if we have the same lunch, I'll see you then...and if not, well, we're bound to run into each other in the hall sometime."

I nodded my understanding and began bending down to kiss her when she let out a breath, almost like a sigh. It stunned me momentarily as I wasn't expecting it, 'is she ashamed to be seen kissing me?' I wondered.

I looked at her and she gave me a shy sort of smile so I simply continued on with a light peck on her lips, "I'll see you around."

She went on her way and I walked into the office.

After I was given my schedule I began making my way through the campus. It wasn't a super huge school, but definitely bigger than the one back at Black Creek. I found my locker as well as a group of giggling girls standing idly by.

"Excuse me." I said with a small smile, the group was blocking my locker.

"Oh, sorry about that, I'm Vanessa by the way." She smiled knowingly, before elbowing the other to speak up.

"I-I'm Janna," the girl who was elbowed squeaked as a flustered smile washed over her.

"Uh, hey...Royce."

They group of five giggled and a taller girl (whose name was not given) spoke up, "oh we know who you are."

I nodded, "now that, that has been established, I really need to get into my locker before I'm-"

*Riiiiiinnnngggg*

The sound of the bell had confirmed my fear as I finished my sentence, "late to class."

The girls giggled on annoyingly before they finally moved and went on their way. I placed my belongings into the locker and grabbed only a spiral, a pen and the proper book...this school had a weird no backpacks in class policy.

After I closed my locker I pulled my schedule out of my back pocket and found my first classes room number, as I walked the halls I got a little lost but soon found my way. When I finally reached the classroom I glanced down at my watch and sighed, 8:23...class had begun at 8.

I composed myself, putting up the hardened wall around myself so that when I entered the thick silence of a new student showing up late didn't effect me, or the sudden burst of whispers didn't reach my ears. What I wasn't expecting was that all too familiar cozy, sweet scent to hit me, and it threw me all off.

Instead of strutting into the room full of confidence like I normally would. Alexia's scent threw me off so much that I took unsure steps forward with a look much like a deer caught in headlights, I nervously looked around the room for the familiar face of my mate.

And finally I found her sitting off to the side smiling right at me, I felt my own side of my face lifting in response.

"MR BLACKCREEK!"

I turned and found an impatient looking woman.

"They told me I would be having a new student but I wasn't expecting it to be you, now find an empty seat and maybe we can return to what I was saying before you strolled in so late!"

My eyebrows pulled together in annoyance and I fought back the urge to growl, but she was effected none the less as she coward a bit.

"Take a seat please Mr Blackcreek."

I didn't reply, I just turned and found the closest empty seat next Alexia I could get.

After class Alexia met me in the hallway.

"Why were you so late?" She asked a bit amused.

"Girls." I replied. As the words left my mouth I watched her amusement wash away instantly so I explained. "There was a group of annoying girls by my locker this morning, they wouldn't shut up and move until after the bell rung signaling first period."

She nodded, but I could tell she was still hurt by hearing the cause of my tardiness was due to females other than her.

"Let me see your schedule, maybe we'll have another class together." She smiled weakly.

I ignored her request and instead cupped her face with my hand before I let my thumb caress her cheek. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

"You aren't the only one who has to deal with first day suckage ya know."

I chuckled a little, "I'm sorry, but you should know that you're the only girl worth worrying about here."

She nodded "let me see your schedule."

I reached into my back pocket and let her look over it. It turned out we have two of the four classes together:

1-Math: Ms Prince (with Alexia)
2-Auto Mechanics: Mr Windsor
3-Gym: Coach Hart
LUNCH (with Alexia)
4-History: Mr Franklin (with Alexia)

"We have lunch together." She acknowledged.

I bent down and kissed her lips really quick (and we didn't get caught by a teacher), "we'll also hangout after school."

She nodded her consent and we parted ways before we were both late to our second class.

Alexia had told me exactly where I could find the garage for auto mechanics so I walked in much more confidently than my last class, and the fact that Alexia isn't in this class helps significantly when i'm trying to put on my tough guy exterior.

I had to hold back a laugh upon seeing my auto mechanics instructor.

"Driver Carl." I smirked.

The old man sighed heavily, "of course you'd be in this class" he grumbled. "Now listen here son, in class it's Mr Windsor...Mr W works as well but I won't have you disrespecting me in front of the other students."

I nodded my understanding, truth be told I would've addressed him properly anyways out of respect, I just wanted to ruffle his feathers a bit.

I took a seat at one of the the dinged up tables as more students began to arrive. A tall redhead guy approached my table and introduced himself.

"Ryland Barbarossa" he said as he extended his hand, "but everyone around here calls The Titan."

I shook it and caught back a laugh, this guy was straightforward, I admired him for it. "Royce Blackcreek."

"So you're the Alpha's bastard."

I looked at him and he chuckled, "sorry, it's just what I heard...i was out of town during your big welcome party."

"Look, I hardly see Roy as my father and I didn't ask for that fucking party." I growled lowly.

"Chill out Royce, I can tell you're not the type...not like your brother."

At that I let out another low growl and he laughed.

"I see the charming prince of pricks didn't make a friend out of you."

"Hardly, and to be honest I'm surprised he's not in here." I replied.

"In here?!" Ryland asked then fell out laughing, "that pretty momma's boy wouldn't be caught dead actually getting his hands dirty, you won't find him in the garage or on the field."

"You're telling me the Alpha's son isn't the star QB?"

"Hardly...he's the student ambassador for the senior class, he organizes the trips we take, the dances we have...he's actually kind of a geeky guy and would probably be a loser if it weren't for the fact that he's the Alpha's son."

We got into coveralls and Mr W began showing us various parts under the hood of an old clunker. After what Ryland had told me, I was starting to feel like school wouldn't be nearly as bad as I thought.