Departure

_____Royce's Point of View_____
1 Year Later
.
.
.

"Are you sure your going to be okay?" Aunt Natalie asked me for the millionth time.

I couldn't help but smile even though I was growing annoyed with her constant pestering. "I've already told you I will be fine, of course you know, you're always welcome to join me."

"Hey now!" Uncle Charles came forward and snaked his arm lovingly around Aunt Natalie's waist. "Get your own girl."

I smirked, I learned a lot of things while I spent my year in London. But two of my favorite things I learn were One: My mother was both the most beautiful and most rebellious she-wolf, and Two: My Aunt Natalie and Uncle Charles are Mates.

Apparently the night before we had to leave Black Creek they approached Alpha Jake and informed him, and even though there was never any ill will or animosity between the Blood Dawn pack and the Black Creek pack they signed a peace treaty in hopes that it would strengthen their friendly ties as well as their pack members acceptance of their new found mates. It wasn't long after arriving to London England that the two went out and eloped.

I was glad for the trip and to be honest I was a little sad to go, I got the chance to get to know all about my mother, and I learned why she ran away so many years ago. If put in the same situation I would have refused as well, although i'm not so sure I would've been so rash as to run away. Apparently my father wasn't nearly as strong as my mother considering he gave into an arranged marriage and married someone he didn't want to.

Had he waited he would have gotten the love of his life PLUS a much heftier alliance. Now my Uncle is just waiting for me to report one foul thing and he swears he will go to war with the Silver Junction pack, he wants revenge for his sister. But I swore to Aunt Natalie that I would honestly try and have a good time while in Silver Junction, and for her I would do anything. She gave up most of her life to raise a child that wasn't even hers, she could've easily turned her back on me but she didn't, I owe her the world.

"Do you have your jacket?" She asked.
"Aunt Nat I'm not gonna need it where I'm going." I pointed out.

"Don't be a smart aleck my dear."

I turned to find my grandmother, she and my grandfather were nothing like I expected them to be. The years had definitely softened them, they are the ones I stayed with while here and they are the ones who told me about my Mom. Grandmother cried at the old memories and Grandfather cussed at himself for being so pushy towards my Mother.

"Grandmother I'm going to the border of Texas and Oklahoma...again, I hardly think i'm going to need a jacket."

"You need a jacket everywhere you go." Grandmother insisted.

"Except hell!" Grandfather put in with a smile.

"Which it damn near is." I mutter with a smirk.

Uncle Charles and grandfather laugh but stop shortly from the clipped looks their mates gave them.

"Now boarding flight number 756." A female voice announced overhead.
"That's me. " I remark. I hug them all and promised to call often and remain warm before I walk off, I turn back and see them all watching me, I give them a final wave and continue on my way. As I reach the woman she takes my ticket before ushering me in, with one big breath I step forward knowing I won't see my family again for at least a year.
'Family...when did that happen?' I wonder to myself as I look for my seat.

I got comfortable for the long flight, I had learned to like flying as I accompanied my Uncle on many meeting across the world whilst in his care. I don't care for the lay overs however, that's why I specifically chose a plane that would fly none stop from London to Texas, that's just over ten hours in a plane, then I have to catch a shuttle bus from Houston to the Pack house, that's another three hours added making my traveling time a total of just over thirteen hours, give or take.