Loose Ends Pt-1

_____Royce's POV_____

.
.
.

In the days that past since Alexia and I's run, I couldn't help but notice the slight distance between us.

I mean sure we talked and we'd hang out but she seemed distracted.

"Hey I'm headed to the packhouse." I announced as I got up from the sofa ready to leave.

"Oh wait a sec...I've actually been meaning to talk to you." She sounded.

I sat back down with the intention to hear her out.

She proceeded. "So let me first say that I really really don't want to upset you so please don't freak out, okay?"

"Lexi." I sighed due to the uncertainty, but those words weren't going off as anything good.

She held her hands up, "hear me out alright."

I nodded.

"Okay...so every since we've found each other we've practically been attached at the hip, and while I've loved every minute of it...I think it would be interesting to see if we are even capable to stay away from one another."

"I went away for the weekend with Roy and his son." I pointed out.

She nodded, "that was essentially only one full day away."

I shrugged, "well as luck would have it, I'm actually suppose to be going out of town soon."

"What, why?" She asked a little overwhelmed.

I smirked, "calm down babe, just me tying up some loose ends before we leave for London."

Her head began to nod but I could tell she was still wanting more answers.

"I will be gone for two weeks, I'm going with my Father to meet up with the council members and finalize my transfer from this pack and relinquish any claims on this pack..." I paused and looked at her, "I was actually going to invite you to come along as my uncle would also be there to accept me into the pack and name me his successor...but this is perfect for your experiment, time wise I mean."

"Yeah." She nodded a little sadly.

I moved to step in front of her, I lifted her chin so she could face me, "is this really what you want babe?"

A determined sort of look set onto her face as she nodded once more, "I really think we need this."

__________

_____Alexia's POV_____
.
.
.

"I really think we need this." I internally scoffed as my wolf scolded me. It's been three days since Royce left with Alpha Roy and I can't deny that I've missed him.

And I mean I miss things I never thought I would, his smirk, the way his breath a little heavier when he sleeps, how hot his body is next to mine, the way his chin stubble tickles me when he playfully kisses my neck.

I sighed and moped around the house.

I tried going round the packhouse but with Royce gone and Raven at school I genuinely felt like an outcast more than I've ever felt in my whole life.

"You okay kid"

I walked into the kitchen where my aunt was helping herself to some ice cream. She put it on the counter and pulled out an extra spoon for me.

"Grandma's gonna kill us if she finds us eating out of the container." I answered flatly.

She rolled her eyes.

"So what's up with the whole depressed act?"

"Not an act." I sounded, "just miss Royce."

"So go and visit him."

I shook my head, "can't, he's out of town on business."

"Then call him."

I sighed, "I've tried, busy with business I suppose."

"I mean this is what you wanted though right...you wanted to see what it'd be like if he left to England and you stayed here."

I nodded.

She sighed, "look Lex, I don't know what you were expecting but as much as Royce loves you he can't just drop everything and stay here unless he takes on the role of the next Alpha, and that's just not something he wants...so the show must go on, he is an important guy and with that comes business meetings, and trips, and if you aren't willing to follow him I know he'd want whatever made you happy, even if it was watching you choose staying here over going with him."

"I hate that I just can't shake this...like when did I become so wishy-washy?"

She laughed lightly, "I get that it's kinda a big decision...but imagine if this was everyday for the rest of your life, could you live without him?"

The answer was no, it had always been no...but I was too stubborn to see I until he was gone.

"I miss my mate." I pouted.

She rolled her eyes and changed the topic, we sat there a while longer before we heard grandma pull into the driveway, we scrambled to get everything put away before getting caught.

That night my aunt and I had an impromptu slumber party in the living room. We stayed up watching cheesy 80s movies like Earth Girls are Easy, and Teen Witch. We gorged on the only snacks we had left after my depressed moping, so veggie sticks and ranch dressing. When I felt tired I laid down and took in the moment, I knew it would be a long time before I'd be able to do this again. Maybe it'd be with my aunt, or perhaps I'd make a friend in London.

I closed my eyes and dreamt about my handsome mate and the possibilities of our future together as I no longer had any qualms about joining him no matter where he went.