Getting Ready

_____Alexia's POV_____

.

.

.

As the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday passed I was actually glad. I was glad that my aunt and my grandma seemed to be in a better place as they didn't argue once, I actually caught them having a private conversation but walked away as I didn't want to interfere with there heart to heart.

"See ya later chicky." She said as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Yeah see ya at Christmas." I replied as I hugged her back.

"You'll be seeing me sooner than that." She said before moving on to tell grandma bye.

'Sooner?'

After she left grandma and I were all alone, "what did aunt Jenny mean when she said she'd see us sooner?"

My grandma smiled, "your aunt feels that it is time for her to come home, I told her there was really no need but she wants to come."

I nodded, having aunt Jenny around would help out, not that grandma is a huge burden as she can still drive herself to her appointment while I'm at school or her bridge club, but I know with her working an actual job unlike the babysitting gigs I have, the financial support could really help.

"If you don't mind, I think I'm going to find Royce." I announced.

After that she practically pushed me out the front door.

It didn't take me long to get the the pack house, and as I was entering Bryson and his newest girlfriend were leaving.

"Ugh, out of our way abomination." She sneered.

He gave her a reprimanding look, "stop."

That was all he said but it was enough to get the girl to hang her head in shame and for me to wonder what Royce must've said or done to him to have Bryson almost standing up for me?

I went straight up to his room but found it empty, as I made my way downstairs the Luna spotted me and shook her head, "he's wrecking my garage."

I didn't say anything to her in return as I made my way into the garage.

"Hey babe." He sounded happily upon seeing me. He got up from the ground where Ryland still was. He was sweaty and splotches of oil touched various parts of his exposed upper body.

I always marveled at how well built he is.

He caught me checking him out and chuckled before coming over to me, he craned his neck so as not to get me dirty and then kissed me.

"You two look busy." I said, acknowledging Ryland. "I'll come back later."

"Actually I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to the movies later?"

"Oh" I sounded a little surprised, did my boyfriend just officially ask me out for the first time. "Like a date?"

He looked a little unsure now, "well yeah, I mean unless you just want to chill at home that's cool too."

"No we can go to the movies...um should I meet you here later or-"

"I can swing by your place, how does 6 sound...that way we can maybe get something to eat too?"

I nodded, "alright then, see you around 6."

He gave me a cute smirk and I turned to leave, I suddenly felt the urge to go shopping for a new outfit for tonight.

__________

"Thanks again for this?" I said feeling a little embarrassed and per the usual, sufficiently awkward. I didn't exactly know who to call for help."

Raven laughed and shook her head, "its fine now turn the camera around so I can have a look."

I had facetimed Royce's little sister, mostly because she's the only girl who's actually ever talked to me without teasing me. Also I knew she'd be brutally honest about the outfits I chose.

"Okay so this is the first outfit." I said as I placed the phone on the shelf in the dressing room and stood in front of the mirror.

"I like the way that top shows off your figure without showing too much...did that make sense?"

I laughed, "I know what you mean...so this top with some nice jeans and maybe either some flats or even some boots."

"Flats for sure...but show me the other outfit first."

"Okay, hold on." I said before I moved the phone downward so she wouldn't see anything, then I got into the next outfit of choice, it was a flowy sort of dress (even though it's November, here the weather is still generally warm).

"Alright here's the second option." I sounded as I fixed the phone and took my place in front of the mirror again.

"Very nice Byers...but if you two are just going out to the movies and dinner like you said, stick with the cute top, you want to look nice without looking like you're trying too hard ya know."

I nodded, "okay, thanks again Raven."

"Hey while I still have you on the line...I don't know if my brother's talked with you, but he actually asked me to go with him when he moves back to London."

My heart raced, last we talked I knew he didn't want to stay here longer than need be, but I thought he still may be on the fence about possibly staying if I can't go. Would he really leave without me.

As he had already invited Raven to go with him I knew the answer...Royce would be going back to London no matter what.

"Earth to Alexia, you still there or did you freeze on me?"

"Oh I'm here...yeah you should go with him, he shouldn't be alone up there."

"What..." she sounded confused, "you're his mate, if anyone should be with him it should be you."

"I want to, I really do Raven...but the fact of the matter is I can't just up and leave this place, what would I do about my grandma?"

"Uh...take her?"

I rolled my eyes, "easier said than done, my grandma is stubborn and won't leave this place so that means I won't be leaving this place."

"Maybe you should talk with her, I'm sure if you told her how you feel she'd be fine with you leaving." She put in.

"Heck no, if I talked to her she'd end up feeling bad and try and push me away and while she's still very lively she still needs the constant care of someone."

"Well have you expressed any of this to Royce?" She asked, "he's gonna be devastated when he finds out you won't go to London with him."

I sighed sadly, I knew she was right, "we've discussed it once...but like he said, we still have the rest of his year here before he takes off for good...I don't want to spoil what we have right now for the uncertainty of the end of the year."

"I really think you should talk with someone about this Lex...lack of communication is a relationship killer, even I know that and I've been single forever."

After that I told her bye and went to purchase the top before heading home and getting ready for tonight.

__________
A/N:

So it was never exactly established when Royce arrived at the Silver junction pack, but from the slight hints of the beginning of school and it already being close to the holidays, Royce officially came to the Silver Junction pack to visit his father in early September.

So when the characters say Royce has until the end of the year they really mean until next September (as that would be his official year spent with his father) not the end of December.