Truth

_____Royce's POV_____

.

.

.
As the awkward weekend came to an end I couldn't wait to get back to the pack house if only it meant being around any other people than just my father and Bryson.

All my dad wanted to do was fish or hike, which wasn't too bad...except for the fact that it was just the two of us as Bryson couldn't be bothered to do anything that related to the outdoors.

"Really glad you came on the camping trip." My dad said.

I nodded, "to be honest I did it to piss off Bryson."

He laughed a little, "it seems to have worked...I love how well you and Raven got along, I was sorta hoping this trip would've worked for you and Bry."

I shook my head, "that'll never happen, I had no problem with him but he hates me and always will hate me so long as I'm alive."

"You can't mean that."

"Of course I do." I confessed. "Don't you see, Bryson took pride in the fact that he was the first born child, a son to an Alpha...all his life he has been conditioned to become the next Alpha."

"That choice lies with me." He said.

"Even if Bryson gets the position of alpha he will still hate me due to the fact that I took away that he was the first born son of the Alpha, now he will always be in second place.

He sighed, "you two are brothers."

"Then talk to him, not me...I've already told you, I have no issue with him."

Thankfully the trip finally came to an end and as I packed my stuff up Bryson approached me.

"What're you trying to pulling coming out here this weekend?" He asked,his arms crossed over his chest as he stood in my doorway.

"I came strictly to annoy you." I answered honestly.

He shook his head, "you trying to get in good with my dad, trying to work your way into the Alpha title."

"I don't want your shitty pack alpha title." I said calmly.

"I know you don't mean that."

I stalked towards him and pulled him into the room so I could shut the door before rounding on him once more.

"Listen here now Bryson, I don't want the fucking Alpha title, you can have it...but know this, when I leave I'm taking my mate and her family as well as my sister and don't you dare try and stop me or so help me I will destroy you."

He laughed a humorless laugh, "you can take them for all I care...what would I want with three weak and pathetic women?"

I shook my head, I was actually sad...sad that he couldn't see how truly strong these women were...all three of them had to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders and yet they still go on everyday with a smile.

"So you really won't fight me for the title?"

I shook my head, "all I want is to finish my year here and that's it, your mom's a bitch and I wholeheartedly mean that, and the fact that our father has stayed married to her even when he could've divorced her so long ago sort of sickens me...or perhaps he's a glutton for misery."

"My mother is the pinnacle of perfection when it comes to Luna's." He sounded.

I couldn't fault the guy for standing up for his mother, too bad he was wrong.

"Again, I just want to do my time and leave...you can have the alpha title I just want my girls and then I'm gone...that is of course if they want to go, if they don't want to go then you have to keep your word that they'll be well taken care of so long as they're in your care."