Dinner

_____Alexia's Point of View_____
.
.
.

"Grandma, you know it wasn't right putting Royce on the spot like that."

"Oh hush Alexia, I could tell the boy wanted to come." She insisted.

"You don't know that."

"What I know is that, that boy likes you." She smiled, "my dear, I may be old but I'm not blind just yet, now he is a polite young man who seems to have taken a shine to you and I know you aren't quite use to that but just know that you shouldn't push him away or try an talk yourself out of liking him back...especially if you two are mates."she added knowingly.

"Grandma" I sighed.

She lifted her hand up to silence me, "is he your mate?"

I looked at her for a moment before I nodded yes.

"Then it's a good thing I invited him over, you know if you want him, you're going to have to make an actual attempt here."

I can't believe I'm taking love advice from my grandma of all people.

"Now it's been a while since I've watched young folks courting so my advice may be a little out of date, but I can assure you that mates have always and will always be the same, you're meant for each other, give in to the urges."

I sighed once more, "I'm not even sure I want to be with him, maybe we are suppose to be friends only."

She laughed, "oh child you were made for him and he was made for you, that much is clear, you're just scared of all of these new emotions."

"Yeeeaaah, I'm just gonna go take a shower, or something." I said awkwardly trying to exit the kitchen, listening to grandma talk about urges was just a touch too much.

"Not so fast, you're cooking dinner tonight."

"What?!"

She gave me a knowing look, "you know how to cook, and we need to impress your mate before you become an old spinster."

"Grandma I'm not even out of highschool, I'm pretty sure there's a long time before I'm considered and 'old spinster'." I chuckled lightly.

"I would agree, but if your mate chooses to only friend you then how much longer before another guy comes around and shows even the slightest bit of interest."

I stomped passed her, she was right, I went through the bags of groceries I had just purchased and pulled out the steaks for tonight's dinner. Royce seems like a mans man, one that loves red meat.

"Smart choice," grandma smirked before leaving me in the kitchen.

...

The food had finally finished so I placed the steaks into the oven on a very low setting to keep them nice and hot while I went to freshen up.

I stepped into my room and grabbed a clean outfit that didn't smell like raw meat and chose to take a quick shower. I washed my body vigorously but made sure to keep my hair dry. I stepped out and dried off before getting into the green dress I had pulled out of the closet.

I immediately started working on my hair and then dusted on a light bit of makeup before I realized what I was doing, I was actually attempting to look nice for this guy.

I sighed, 'I don't want to change who I am for, some guy.' I thought to myself.

'Mate' my wolf whined.

'I know he's our mate, but he's still just a guy, not one worth changing for.'

'Maybe he isn't changing us, merely bringing out a better version of us.'