4.17

Max didn't remember anything. All he remembered was feeling like he was going to die and at one point, he really did think he died for a moment. Although he knew that not everyone was kind, he still didn't think they would be so cruel as to threaten his sister. It wasn't just threatening, it was far worse. It was sexual harassment.

Max didn't know how Ruby forcefully smiled as if nothing happened but he wasn't going to let anyone do that to his older sister and get away with it. And so, his anger got to him and he punched that disgusting piece of human trash.

Max should've thought for a second about why Ruby wasn't doing anything but he couldn't control himself. One part of him knew what might happen if he did something but he wasn't going to let anyone touch his sister and think they could get away with that.

Max was already prepared when they got chased away. He knew already that the people they were with weren't going to act kindly towards them and Max was worried. The worry wasn't for him but for his sister.

Max thought that that would be it but he didn't think they would actually try to kill them. The only thing Max remembered was his cousin's shout and his sister's rushed cries. He remembered something shifting inside of him and he let it take over him. He felt the earth rumble underneath his feet and Max could almost feel an exhilarating feeling clearing through his body.

And, he heard the screams of the men who had tried to harm them. It was music to his ears. They were finally facing the one thing they had brought upon to others. And then, Max felt a stabbing pain in his back and knew that someone had sneaked through. He tossed the man onto the ground as the earth revolved around the man and took him underneath. Then, Max collapsed.

Max pretty much thought he was dead. But reality proved to be very different.

He woke up to the face of a beautiful man. A very foreign man whom he didn't know at all.

"Who are you?" Max asked as he narrowed his eyes, his head shifting to look at the space he was in. He didn't know where he was but he couldn't see Landon or Ruby and that bothered him.

Kim Jiyoung looked at Max whom had finally woke up. "You're awake. Just wait right there and don't move, I'll get Ruby to come."

Max stared at the man in front of him. He definitely did not know this man.

Kim Jiyoung could feel Max staring holes at him as he stood up and went to grab Ruby.

"Ruby, your brother's awake."

Ruby looked up as she heard that and she came sprinting towards Max, slamming the door wide open.

"Max!" Ruby launched herself to hug Max and Max had his arms ready.

Noticing that he didn't feel any pain, Max held Ruby as he asked, "What happened?"

Ruby moved back at once, a scowl on her face as she said, "You're lucky to even be alive! Do you know how worried I was when you collapsed after what you did? I thought I lost you like how we lost our parents."

Max could see the relieve in her eyes and merely smiled, "But I'm alright now." Then, noticing Kim Jiyoung whom was standing by the doors, Max asked, "So...where are we?"

Ruby grinned at that as she called out, "Jiyoung, come here."

Kim Jiyoung merely shook his head as he walked over.

Ruby tugged Kim Jiyoung's arm and looked at Max as she replied, "This is Kim Jiyoung, he helped wrap your wound in bandage and saved your life."

Max watched Kim Jiyoung's facial expression as Ruby excitedly ranted on. "Thank you for what you did."