165

Fei Qianchi looked around. After returning and speaking with Tian Sichan, he now had his own personal peak with his own courtyard. His peak was called Mengxiang Peak, a name that he had offhandedly chose.

With all his things settled into his residence, Fei Qianchi walked around. Mengxiang Peak was settled further away from the other peaks. It was normally quiet and silent, even more so than Taohua Peak. Fei Qianchi smiled as he walked around.

Today, Baicheng was coming. More than five days have already passed. Although Fei Qianchi found that things were now a bit strange between him and Zhu Longwang, he knew that Baicheng and his relationship would remain the same nonetheless.

"Qianchi."

At this familiar voice, Fei Qianchi turned around with a smile on his lips. Although Mengxiang Peak was carefully protected by an array, he allowed certain people to enter without bothering about the barrier.

"Baicheng." Fei Qianchi smiled as he stepped towards the other man.

Baicheng was dressed in a blue robe. His hair was carefully tied up, a light smile upon his lips as his crimson eyes shone. "You finally have your own peak." Baicheng walked with Fei Qianchi as Fei Qianchi led them towards his study room.

"After talking with you, I thought about it some more." Fei Qianchi smiled as he opened the door, allowing Baicheng to enter.

Inside of the room, many books and manuals were lined on shelves. There was a tall table with chairs and a shorter small table by the books. On the shorter table, papers and brushes were set with a book near.

Baicheng looked around, smiling as he noticed the window that showed the scenery of a small pond. "This place does look beautiful. It's perfect for you."

At these words, Fei Qianchi laughed. Baicheng was like this. Some days, he could be serious and quiet, while other days, he was more relaxed and outgoing.

"I chose this peak because it is relatively quiet. Not a lot of people wander to this part of the sect, hence, I chose it. Although I was a bit worried about moving out, I believed that it was time for me to move away." Fei Qianchi lightly said, holding a small jug of wine in his hand. Baicheng didn't like to drink tea, he preferred wine instead. As he sat down on the ground, he took out two jade cups as he slowly poured wine into them.

Fei Qianchi set the jug of wine onto the table, looking at Baicheng as he walked around. The man walked with a reserved smile on his face, looking at the books and carefully taking some out to read.

At that moment, Baicheng's eyes looked towards a further corner. "Ah... you have a guqin."

Fei Qianchi glanced over. "Oh, I do. Unfortunately, I do not know how to play it. It was here before I moved in. My Master said that it was a relatively rare guqin so I kept it."

As Baicheng looked at the guqin, he suddenly spoke up, "I heard that the Lord of Suzhou also plays the guqin. I believe they said that it was his preferred weapon."

Fei Qianchi furrowed his brows. It seems like Zhu Longwang did say something about this. "I believe that he does." As he looked at Baicheng, the man walked up and strummed the strings. "Do you also play this instrument?" Fei Qianchi couldn't see the man's expression but he could feel a strong emotion coming from the man.

"I... do. Someone once taught it to me. Unfortunately, that person is now dead." Baicheng turned around and smiled as if he didn't mean anything.

With these words, Fei Qianchi was a bit startled. He remembered Baicheng said that he was betrayed in the past. That was why the man was so secretive about his life.