186

After a refreshing bath, Fei Qianchi sat down in the hall next to Zhu Longwang. They were both quiet, staring at Zhu Luishui, who was a bit pallid. Fei Shang had gone ahead.

After speaking for a bit, it seemed like Fei Shang was acquainted to Wei XueLu. Fei Qianchi wasn't aware of their relationship, but it seemed that the man knew about Wei XueLu.

"Elder brother, will this promise be enacted with a Vow of Blood?" Zhu Longwang asked, lifting his eyes towards Zhu Luishui with an emotionless face.

Zhu Luishui rubbed his face, sighing as he replied, "I don't know. It seems too simple and easy. Baicheng won't simply just admit defeat like this."

"Rather than call it defeat, it seems like the man has decided to stop." Fei Qianchi countered. He still didn't like Zhu Luishui. The man had used every person he could to blame this catastrophe on. It was only when he couldn't escape anymore, only then did he admit his fault. As Fei Qianchi held the cup of wine in his head, he lifted his eyes towards Zhu Luishui, almost as if he was provoking the man. "Lord of Suzhou, this enmity of his and yours has existed for many centuries now."

Zhu Luishui lowered his eyes. He knew. He understood too. He was cruel and selfish for still loving the man he betrayed, a man who he had killed. He knew that Su Baicheng didn't love him. Su Baicheng was acting twisted in his own way. The man hated him to his bones, yet he couldn't kill him.

"He can't kill me..." Zhu Luishui uttered, his voice shaking, purple eyes looking down.

As the only person who wasn't aware of what was going on, Zhu Longwang furrowed his brows, but he didn't say a word. He merely listened. Even he wasn't aware of this. Only Zhu Luishui and Fei Qianchi knew. He wasn't mad, nor was he angered for being left out. He wasn't so childish.

Fei Qianchi cocked his brow, "And why not?" His eyes were intense as he stared at Zhu Luishui.

Su Baicheng said that he couldn't kill Zhu Luishui. Now, the man was also saying that Su Baicheng couldn't kill him. It seemed like whatever had happened was truly difficult to understand.

"He made a vow. He vowed to never hurt me." Zhu Luishui could remember it as bright as day. "He can never kill me, his people can not kill me."

'I, Baicheng, swear that with this life of mine, will never harm Zhu Luishui. Be it through good or bad, I will never hurt him for as long as I live. So long as I am alive, Zhu Luishui will not be harmed by my hands. No one, shall it be me or the people who follow me, will be able to raise a hand against Zhu Luishui.'

That vow saved him. This vow was the reason why Su Baicheng could not kill him even though he wished to. It was why he harmed the people around him. Zhu Luishui was protected by this vow.

Ahh. Fei Qianchi scoffed. He didn't know if he should applaud Zhu Luishui or Su Baicheng. Su Baicheng, a man who was head over heel in love, and Zhu Luishui, who was protected by this vow.

Fei Qianchi sighed, "A vow. That is what's protecting you. He cannot hurt you, his people cannot hurt you. You truly are lucky." What a lucky bastard. Because of that, Zhu Longwang and him were targeted instead.

Zhu Longwang was confused, but he couldn't ask. Just from seeing his brother's face, he could see Zhu Luishui's flickering eyes. He clenched his fist. He knew long ago that his brother had many secrets. From the moment he disappeared, the day he returned as a man with power, a man with a different personality, Zhu Longwang understood that things were already different. Thus, he stifled his voice, not asking any questions and worked hard on his cultivation.

Zhu Luishui was about to say something else, but the presences upon the peak made him stop.

"They are here." Zhu Luishui looked at the door, waiting for them to appear.