188

"Don't look!"

Zhu Longwang paused. Fei Shang was adamant on not letting him enter his courtyard. Zhu Longwang furrowed his brows. Obviously, the man said that he would return soon. Yet, Fei Qianchi disappeared for a few days without letting him know. Even now, Fei Shang guarded the gates without any leeway.

"What is he currently doing?" Zhu Longwang was worried. The man had always told him everything upfront. Now that he had been gone for so long without a word, Zhu Longwang was both worried and scared.

Fei Shang looked inside, albeit a bit of worry on his face. "At the moment, he needs total peace and quiet. He has been like this for a few days now. No one has stepped in. He forbids anyone from entering." He sighed, "We can only wait."

Zhu Longwang's lips tightened, clenching his hand by his side. What was he doing?

Fei Shang, who saw the worry expression on Zhu Longwang's face, felt like an utter jerk at the moment. Blame Fei Qianchi. His older brother told him to fool and distract Zhu Longwang for as long as he could since Zhu Longwang had come earlier than the time they predicted.

Zhu Longwang bit his lips, breathing in deeply to calm himself. Perhaps, was there something wrong with his body? The man had been sleeping a lot these days. Although he exercised and cultivated properly, he slept longer too. He couldn't help the worry that sprouted in his heart. Fei Qianchi had been taking good care of him, even the littlest thing, the man helped him with. Now, something was happening and he had no clue about what it was.

Zhu Longwang looked at the expression on Fei Shang's face. The man's brows were furrowed.

In the end, Zhu Longwang could only wait.

-

"You came already?" Fei Qianchi looked at the man and woman in front of him, widening his eyes. This wasn't expected. They weren't supposed to arrive so soon.

Chan Lihua smiled sheepishly while Zhu Rong whistled, looking around.

"Well, Zhu Rong was able to pull some strings so we came as soon as possible." Then, lightly laughing, Chan Lihua also added, "It seems like we will be here for a while."

Fei Qianchi shook his head, "For how long?"

"A few years." Zhu Rong smirked, flicking his long red hair back as he stood behind Chan Lihua.

"A few years!?" Fei Qianchi exclaimed in shock. This... this would switch up his plans then.

Before he could continue, he remembered that Zhu Longwang was waiting for him. Fei Qianchi looked around the garden filled with petals on the ground. He had carefully set up everything, but with two additional people here, he needed to think.

"What is all of this?" Zhu Rong eyed the petals on the ground, then looked at Fei Qianchi who was dressed up nicer than normal. With his hair up, he was dressed in a gold robe with a dragon on the back.

Chan Lihua also looked around curiously. "Are you... perhaps going to ask for his hand in marriage?"

Fei Qianchi rubbed his nose, "It's similar to that. Though, I believe that we don't need to follow through the entire process. It's not like there's a point in a dowry. I'm planning to make everything as short as possible."

Hearing this, Chan Lihua smiled brightly, clapping her hands. "Then we came at the right time! I'll make sure to prepare everything as well as I can." Then, remembering something, she asked, "Didn't you adopt a brother?"

Fei Qianchi nodded. It seemed like Chan Lihua knew more about himself than he did.

"Perfect. I've always wanted another child." Saying this, Chan Lihua smiled warmly, causing Zhu Rong to look over.