4.16

"I like your brother."

Min Hosung could've sworn he was hearing things again because this didn't seem like what you would hear on a daily basis. He tilted his head with a confused expression, looked at Yoo Jinsook before turning his eyes to Lee Shinwoo.

"What?" Min Hosung believed that his ears were playing tricks on him, he really did. In fact, maybe the wind of everything had caught up to him and he was hearing things now.

"I like your brother." Lee Shinwoo repeated the same thing once again, albeit this time with a more confident tone. He looked straight at Min Hosung without looking away, his eyes blinking slowly as he waited for an answer.

"You like my brother," It was meant for Lee Shinwoo but it almost sounded like Min Hosung was trying to convince himself.

"Yes. And if you don't mind, I would like to confess to him. As you're the older brother, I thought that I should get permission first before chasing after him." Lee Shinwoo didn't seem embarrassed from his choice of words. He stood tall and straight with a serious face, much different from his usual demeanor.

Min Hosung tried to digest his words, watching as Yoo Jinsook smiled a bit at him. His brain felt like it was malfunctioning. Sure, he had knew that something felt different about the atmosphere between Lee Shinwoo and his brother but he also didn't want to assume their relations. In fact, they felt like an old married couple.

But that wasn't the focus. Min Hosung wasn't going to say a stern no and give a scolding but he was a little shocked by the fact that Lee Shinwoo asked him for permissions first. It just felt weird.

Min Hosung coughed into his hand, clearing his throat as he stood up and adopted a stern look on his face while saying, "I give you permission to confess, but if he refuses you, just know that you'll have to give up then. He is my only brother and if I find out that you ever do anything to hurt him, I will find you. Yongjoon is a great man, I've watched him grow all these years. You and him are a good match. Go on, confess to him. I'll tell your parents and our guests about your plans."

Then, Lee Shinwoo showed a smile as he said, "Thank you, brother-in-law." And with a final nod of his head, he left the room.

As the door closed, Yoo Jinsook turned to Min Hosung with a questioning face. "He just asked if he could ask your brother out and you're already acting like he was proposing."

As he heard that, Min Hosung covered his face in his hands, groaning as he muttered, "I totally overreacted. Ah, I'm so embarrassed!"

Yoo Jinsook walked over to hold Min Hosung. "Don't worry, I'm sure he knew that it was just because you worry for Yongjoon. With all the dreams he has experienced, it did roughen him up at times."

Min Hosung looked up at Yoo Jinsook, his face lit up as he replied, "I know. I've been with Yongjoon so long and I've never seen him smile so brightly at someone. I watched my brother grow with my eyes but I've never seen such intense love in the ways his eyes shone when he looked at Shinwoo. I'm glad that it's Shinwoo though. Shinwoo doesn't seem like the type to break a man's heart once he gives his own."

Yoo Jinsook held Min Hosung's hand as he kissed Min Hosung's cheek. "Of course. Any older brother would be worried if their younger sibling is stepping into a relationship."

"Now I should go and break the news to his family while he's confessing," Though Min Hosung said this, he showed a bitter expression. Then, wrapping his arms around Yoo Jinsook's neck, he asked, "You don't think they'll freak, right? Aunt and uncle don't seem like those who would get angry."

"No, they'll support anything that Shinwoo does. They love him truly and I'm sure that they won't push him away just because of this." Yoo Jinsook didn't stop Min Hosung from sulking, simply bearing his weight.