172

The next day, it was a clear and sunny day. But it didn't take long before dark clouds began to surround the sky, blocking the sunlight from shining down.

Fei Qianchi smiled as he sat across from Tian Sichan, "Master, where is everyone?"

Tian Sichan raised a brow, "They will be arriving soon. Unfortunately, your brother is currently completing a mission at the moment so he isn't able to come."

At that moment, countless voices were heard.

"Junior Brother!" Zhang Bingmei rushed forward, pushing the doors open.

Zhang Zaifan slowly walked behind her, rolling his eyes. Hou Mengshu lightly shook his head as he walked in. Fu Huayan cocked her brows, entering with strides.

"Where is Junior Sister?" Fei Qianchi asked, noticing that someone was missing.

"Junior Sister will be here. She had to catch up on making her pills." Fu Huayan replied as she sat down roughly, grabbing the jar of wine and pouring it into her mouth.

"It's been so long since everyone has gathered!" Zhang Bingmei exclaimed, her big eyes filled with light.

"Everyone has been trying to avoid you, sister." Zhang Zaifan's snarky comment came not long after.

Hearing this, Zhang Bingmei huffed as she glared at her younger twin brother.

"Enough, you two," Hou Mengshu stopped the two from arguing.

Tian Sichan rubbed his temple, "I can't deal with this."

"Master, you're stuck with us." Fu Huayan winked as she drunk the wine.

Seeing this, Fei Qianchi's heart chilled even more. Just a bit longer. He needed Qi Meiyao here too.

This scene was once warm but now, it only brought upon a feeling of disgust within him. It made his skin crawl, Fei Qianchi merely wanted to leave. A dark and oppressive feeling exploded within him, but he still smiled lightly on the outside.

"It's nice to see that everyone is still the same." Fei Qianchi smiled, speaking out gently. He perfectly hid his inner thoughts, disguising everything.

Tian Sichan took a second longer glance at Fei Qianchi before he looked away. "Meiyao has arrived. She should be here soon."

True to his words, a young woman popped up not long after. "Sorry, I had some work to catch up on." Qi Meiyao smiled with a healthy glow.

She rushed over and sat around the table where everyone was gathered.

"You weren't too late, Junior Sister." Fu Huayan replied, downing the wine, wiping her mouth afterwards.

Fei Qianchi calmly watched as everyone settled in, speaking about everything. A sudden weird feeling emerged within him, but soon after, it disappeared.

"The array has been created. Zhao Weiming has already arrived and is currently gathering up the other demonic cultivators."

Hearing this, the emotions from before dispersed. Fei Qianchi grabbed the cup of wine that was handed to him, slowly drinking.

Zhao Weiming... where did he hear that name from before? But he no longer cared about that.

"Qianchi, what are your plans?" Tian Sichan suddenly asked the man who had been sitting silently.

Fei Qianchi looked up, smiling as he replied, "Become even stronger. I will try my best to become even stronger." To get revenge, he needed to become stronger. He was close. Just a bit more.