160

Fei Qianchi laid on his bed, healing from his recent injuries. He had done it. At the age of 295 years old, he had successfully ascended into the Immortal Realm, and was currently the youngest cultivator to do so. Although he had a long way before he could rival the true immortals, this was already a significant step for him.

There was a man standing by his side. Fei Qianchi didn't understand why Zhu Longwang was here. He was thankful to the man for helping him, but their relationship was nonexistent. This was the first time they were formally introduced to one another. But, Zhu Longwang merely stood by the side of the bed and Fei Qianchi fidgeted.

"Are you alright?" Zhu Longwang asked. His voice was low, his purple eyes were sharp and cold. There was no emotion on his face, it made his temperament even more indifferent.

"Yes, thank you for your help, Immortal Zhu." Fei Qianchi had already consumed quite a few pills and elixirs. Not to mention, Zhu Longwang had been coming every so often to help heal his internal injuries.

"There is no need for the title. If we consider it, you are also an Immortal too." Zhu Longwang spoke up, his purple eyes roaming around Fei Qianchi. The man looked around for a few seconds before he finally took a seat on the chair, placing down his sword that was on his back.

Fei Qianchi furrowed his brows, blue eyes holding a hint of confusion. Weird... something about Zhu Longwang felt off. The man obviously had a higher seniority than him. Yet he still visited him daily. Not to mention, Zhu Longwang was a seclusive person. Though cold, he was also quite strong, just like his older brother.

"Have we met before?" Asking this, an image passed in his head. Back then, a man dressed in white had saved him. Fei Qianchi didn't understand why he thought of his savior, but, something felt odd.

Fei Qianchi carefully watched Zhu Longwang's expression. Unfortunately, the man's expression remained as cold and indifferent as before, not changing even with his question.

In a monotonous voice, Zhu Longwang merely replied, "I don't believe we've met before. If we ever did, it was when you first entered the sect and when I saw you in the rain." Zhu Longwang then took out a piece of jade and a small carving knife.

Fei Qianchi watched, confused by what was currently happening. What was the man even doing here? Was he here just to carve? Fei Qianchi looked at the man who sat with an emotionless face, his hands carefully sculpting the jade with a small knife.

Suddenly, Fei Qianchi felt exasperated. Was this how Zhu Longwang really acted like? Fei Qianchi fought the twitching of his lips as he closed his eyes for a long second before opening them again. The man was still sitting without a care, carving and diligently cutting off the jade.

"What are you doing here?" Fei Qianchi asked at last. He couldn't stand this brutal silence.

Without looking up, Zhu Longwang replied, "Immortal Tian is currently busy at the moment. Most of the elders have been called to a meeting. You need someone to watch over you so I had to come." As he said this, the knife in his hand slid across the piece of jade that was around the size of his palm. The piece of jade was flat and the edges were constantly getting cut off.

Fei Qianchi cocked a brow at this, glancing as he turned to his side. Well, that was a valid excuse so he couldn't refute it.

"What are you carving?" Fei Qianchi was getting talkative. After a few days of being confined in his room with almost no visitors, he needed some human interaction. Thought talking to Zhu Longwang almost felt like talking to a tree at times, the man still answered nonetheless.