1.18

(AN: don't play the music yet)

"Consort Ran, you best be wary of your words, else you may bite off more than you can chew. Don't think that just because I haven't been in the palace as long as you means that you can bring me down with this type of scheme." Though Shilian's words made it seemed like he wasn't worried, he truly was deep inside. In his past life, Consort Ran was someone who schemed against him the most, and was also the one who contributed to many other concubines demise.

To Shilian's words, Consort Ran only let out a delighted laugh. "Consort Shi, since when have I not been able to do so. Unlike you, who can only bark but not bite, I have always been the one showing my true self. Consort Shi, I'm sure that you know well what I mean, after all, I am not saying my words based off of baseless rumors. I'm not the type to do so, wouldn't you agree with me, Consort Shi?"

Shilian gritted his teeth, his anger hidden by a mask yet he was fuming inside. Everything shouldn't have gone this way, it was suppose to go like what he had wanted it to. Wasn't that why he was given a second chance to rise once more? No matter what he was not going to fail.

"Enough, speak, Consort Ran." Xu Yongheng couldn't take it anymore, seeing the expression on Bai Mengxiang's face dim, he knew that he was thinking about the days when he had left him. He didn't want Bai Mengxiang to think about those days, never again.

It was a shame that Xu Yongheng was wrong, after all, Bai Mengxiang wasn't that type of person. He was truly enjoying everything, especially the way Consort Ran had acted. If it was possible, he would've loved to be friends with Consort Ran, because she was the type of person Bai Mengxiang actually liked. Now, he just wondered how this was going to go like.

Consort Ran took one last look at Shilian, a look full of ridicule, humphing as she then focused her attention on Xu Yongheng and then got down onto her knees. "Your Majesty, on the day that Imperial Noble Consort Bai was poisoned, this consort had speculated that something wasn't right. On that day, Consort Shi had not attend the meeting, when just a few days before, he was much too healthy and even met up with Consort Yu a few times. Of course, as I am only a consort, I couldn't say anything without getting any evidences first."

"On that day, this consort had immediately rushed to Consort Shi's palace to see if he really was ill, but when I got there, I found a small jar filled with some foreign powder in it. My maid had sensed that something was off so she had picked it up when I had dismissed that fact. As soon as I arrived, I heard the sound of something falling to the ground and I hurried to hide. When I found a place to hide, I saw two palace guards carrying out the body of a dead maid. This is the jar that my maid had picked up, it is most likely the poison that was used to poison Imperial Noble Consort Bai." Consort Ran's maid handed her a small jar and she strained her hand out, offering the object to Xu Yongheng to inspect.

Xu Yongheng took a careful look at the jar before he called a Physician over to look at it.

After a few moments passed, the Physician turned and said, "Your Majesty, this is the poison that was used to poison the Imperial Noble Consort."

Xu Yongheng looked on forwards with a calm expression, yet the storm inside his eyes were raging.

"You said that Consort Shi had asked you to help him, so you must know where this poison comes from, don't you?" Xu Yongheng merely said his words without directing it to anyone, but Yu Zhuang already knew that he was talking about him.

Bowing, his forehead touching the ground, Yu Zhuang replied, "Your Majesty, that poison comes from this consort's nation, it is a strong but common poison. Although, the bag of antidote is currently in Consort Shi's hands."