1.Yours truly

Disclaimer- This is a work of Fiction. Name, character, places and incidents are either product of author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

All rights reserved.

————————————————————————

"Mr Swartz."

"Not now, Bill. For the last time Rene, you will not see this Anderson kid. I don't trust the look of this boy." Daniel leaned back into his chair, inspecting his daughter with grave discretion.

"But dad, he is a really nice guy! This is not fair! It's just one date!" Rene whined, stomping on her foot.

She was aware of Bill's presence, her father assistant, in the office chamber but she still couldn't care less. This was the first time a guy actually asked her out. Like hell, she was going to pass this up.

"Mr.Swartz." Bill said again with more firmness. Trying to get Daniel's attention away from his daughter's latest shenanigans.

"Just wait a minute, Bill. 'Nice guy', sweetheart, you are still too naive to know what a nice guy truly is." He walks around the table, moving towards Rene.

"I'm 21 years old, Dad! You can't say that to me!" She was about to cry. Though, it was the last thing she wanted to do.

"Mr.Swartz. Your father's nurse is on the phone. It's quite urgent that you must come at once."

"Why didn't you say so? Rene, go home. We will talk about this later." He strides out of the office with Bill, right at his heels.

Rene crosses her arms together, hating how a simple conversation turned into a rally of shouting.

She missed her mother, at times like this. Knowing she died when Rene was just 18 years old, was hard on both her and her dad. She died in a car accident, leaving an empty hole in both their lives. Though, each had their own way of filling it, it was never enough.

Rene was currently studying Law, in Cambridge University. It's no eye opener that her dad, with some influences got her in. Yet, that will all change when she gets out of there. Get her degree and make a name for herself. She always believed in being self-made. Just like her dad and his partner, Sebastian Hill.

Both formed the law firm, Hill-Swartz Firm, which is one of the leading firms here in London.

They were friends from college and build this firm together with their bare hands. One would think they were close but from what Rene knew and saw, it wasn't. The only one thing she knew about Sebastian was that he had a pet dog named 'Hades.'

Both Sebastian and Daniel went to official business meetings and parties together but not one ever was called to each other's home. Her father always said, a good business works on a foundation by not inviting anything personal. He always said never to mix business with personal business.

She had her father's trait and wanted to become like him but she also wanted to keep her mother's fiery demands and attitude alive in her as well.

Her mother and father met in college too. It was the typical player meets his match story. She could recall her mother telling her stories of their youth and how Rene would eyeball at their nauseating love story.

However, she was grateful to have encountered with actual love. Both her parents loved each other very much. Losing her had taken a tough call on dad. So, she did what she knew best. Work hard and study.

People often mistaken her with the rich-and-spoiled-child judgement but she was anything but. She never did care of the lavishness and rich stuff. She was cold and distant but well-behaved and respectful to those who deserved it.