37. Questioning

Sam's POV

Last night, the paramedics came and took Jim to the hospital. I found Jennifer asleep in an old office. The doctors tried to ask me what was going on but I didn't say a word. They brought the police in the examine the bodies and to find evidence. I was going to be questioned by the police soon.

Right now, I sat next to Jim and Jennifer was playing with some toys. She seemed unfazed by it all to be honest.

A nurse came into the room. "Sam? The police are ready for you now. I'll take Jennifer to the nursery and Jim will be fine." I nodded and got up walking out of the room.

I sat in a small office and two policemen sat either side of me. "Right. My name is Lestrade and this is my assistant Donovan. We'll be asking you questions about last nights events and we expect the truth." I nodded. "Ok. So what happened before you realized you or Jim or your child were in danger?" Lestrade asked. "We'll, Jim and I came home from staying at a hotel, John and Sherlock were asleep and they had been looking after Jennifer. Jim went to check on her but that's hen Magnussen kidnapped them both. Dawson, he was a friend from college, he took me to them. Magnussen threatened to kill Jim. I don't even know why he did this. Dawson ended up shooting Jim." I said. Donovan nodded and scribbled something in her notebook. "How did Magnussen and Dawson die?" She asked. I swallowed. "I- I killed them." I said quietly. Lestrade sighed. "Right. We've got all we need for now." He said. I nodded and then left to room.

I sat back next to Jim after checking in on Jennifer.

Jim hasn't woken up. The doctors performed surgery on him last night to get the bullet out and now we were just waiting for him to wake up.

Can he hear me?

I am scared. What if e never wakes up? I won't be able to cope. I need him. Jennifer needs him. I just want him back. Why does everything have to go wrong?

That's what you get for marrying a psychopath I guess.

I ha always watched movies were you talk to those people who wouldn't wake up and they hear you. So I tried.

"Jim. Please wake up." I said trying not to cry. "Jim. I need you. Jennifer and I need you more than you'll ever know. I love you. That first day I saw you as I walked into the class I just thought you were cute. I thought you were perfect. But I tried not to think about that and concentrate on my studies. That obviously failed.
But when you called me beautiful I honestly thought I was dreaming. You were so mysterious and I was too curious and that brought us together. I don't want to lose you Jim. We've been through too much and I will never let you go. Jim would you do something for me? Just please wake up? Because I love you with all my heart as it is killing me seeing you here unable to wake up. I need you so much you don't even understand. Please Jim. Please." I stopped and wiped the tears from my eyes.

Why is my life never ever perfect? Why does shit have to happen all the time?