26. I Know What The Password Is...

~ I know you've all been waiting for this and I do love to be dramatic... It is a weakness within me, but to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness. ;) ;) ;). Anyway, I'm sorry that everybody felt that way whilst waiting for this chapter. Enjoy! :) ~

A couple of minutes later Jim was getting impatient. "What the hell are they going in there?!" He shouted standing up. "If they don't hurry up she'll be-" he stopped as a fireman came out of the building and was carrying Sam wrapped in a duvet. He set her down on the trolley and they pushed her to the ambulance. Jim watched as they pushed her and he noticed her arm hanging limply from out of the covers. Her arm was red and burnt. Jim's stomach tightened up and he swallowed hard. He ran over to them and said, "Is she okay? Tell me is she okay?"

"Sir, please stay back. She will be fine." The firemen replied taking her to the ambulance which was parked outside. "Why are you taking her to the ambulance then?" Jim cried. He was confused and felt upset about he whole situation. "I swear if she is hurt in any way, Magnussen will pay for this." Jim muttered holding back his emotions. He decided to get in his car and follow them to the hospital. The firefighters stayed to put out the fire.

****

Once they arrived at the hospital, Sam was taken to Accident & Emergency. Jim was taken and he was cleaned up from the small burns, cuts and bruises. The nurse applied bandages to his hands and face. He wasn't badly burnt, but the nurse said he was lucky and that his hands would recover in about four weeks.

The hospital staff were giving Jim looks because of what he had done with the crown jewels. However, Jim was too distraught to be worrying about them right now.

Jim sat outside her room waiting until he could see her. Inside, the doctors put her on a gas mask and they were evaluating the tests they had done. Dr. Jones, which was her doctor, knew she was pregnant. He ran checks on the baby as well. Will they live? Who knows. This is what we are all waiting for.

Jim sat and waited. He had been waiting for about three hours now. He was scared and impatient. But he was also scared of setting her himself. He didn't understand how he felt like this at all. Sheetrock suddenly walked past him. "Sherlock!" Jim said quickly, getting up. Sherlock turned and frowned. "Ah, Jim." He said. "How is Sam?" Sherlock asked. Jim shirked on his feet slightly. "It was Magnussen." He said looking at the floor. "Magnussen did this?" Sherlock said, actually surprised. "Yes." Jim replied. "Why would he do that?" Sherlock said, testing Jim. "Because he wants what is on the phone." Jim answered. Sherlock frowned. "What pho- Ahh, yes of course. Mycroft had told me, I even tried to help but- You gave the file to Sam?" Sherlock said. "Yes. I did." Jim sighed. "Its password protected. How would she know the password?" Sherlock said. Jim stayed silent. "Of course, she'd only know the password unless you told her. And you have told her, a million times." Sherlock said catching on, figuring it out. Jim looked up at the ceiling and let out a slow breath. "Sherlock if she-" Jim was stopped by Sherlock. "I know what the password is. Its her. You've actually let someone get to you haven't you? Jim Moriarty has given in. She's taken your heart and now you regret it because you put her in danger." Sherlock said amazed. Jim didn't answer him. He just stared at Sherlock with a look of complete and utter regret on his face. "Wow. That is...quite something." Sherlock said. Sherlock nodded briefly for a moment before slowly turning and leaving Jim.

Jim collapsed back onto the chair and put his head in his hands. Sherlock was right. He did feel regret for letting himself love her. He shouldn't have taken her back. He tried to leave her once to protect her but he just couldn't resist. Its his weakness. Everything he has ever known, feels so different to him now. She has changed him and he can't ever go back. She has become his weakness. Jim was beating himself up for putting her in danger. He was warned by Magnussen months ago. He just didn't do anything about it. He was suffering now at his own mistakes. And no one could help the situation now. No one.

***

An hour later, Dr. Jones approached Jim. "Jim?" Jim looked up and stood up quickly. Jim nodded and said,"Y-yes doctor?" The doctor smiled sympathetically. "You can see her now if you like. She's awake but she's very tired. Everything is fine though, she just has a few burns. It was smart of her herself up in that thick duvet. She may not have survived otherwise. We will tell her the news when she's feeling better, perhaps tomorrow morning when she's awake more. Don't feel discomfort. She's going to pull through. She's a strong girl. She's lucky to have a brave man to save her like you." Dr. Jones smiled and left Jim. Jim thought to himself, I'm not brave. I'm the one who almost killed her. Its my fault it happened.

Jim sighed and slowly opened to door. He could hear beeping and as he saw her lying there in the hospital bed, he felt guilty. For the first time he felt guilty, properly. "Sam." He said, almost whispering. "Jim?" Sam said struggling to speak. "Oh God. Don't struggle yourself, honey." Jim said as he took a seat next to her. The doctor was right, she was smart in wrapping herself up. She was going to be okay. Sam looked at him and sighed. "Are you okay, Jim?" She asked. "In fine. It's you I'm worried about." He said grabbing her hand lightly, being sure not to hurt her. Sam felt him take her hand. Of course it hurt her, but she wouldn't say anything. It was the moment that almost happened when Jim tried to save her. Their hands almost touching. "I'm going to be okay. I hope." She said. Yes, she's going to be okay. But, is the baby? This ran through her mind. Jim felt an agonisingly painful feeling that he had failed to protect her. He felt extremely bad for not being there in time. Sam let out a deep breath. It was quiet. Neither one of them spoke again, until she did.

"Jim?" She asked. "Yes Samantha?" He said. "There's something I need to tell you." She said as her heartbeat increased and the nerves started to kick in.