31. It's Time.

Sam's POV

"Jim, I'm scared." I said as we approached the hospital. "You know that funny feeling you get in your stomach? The feeling when your about to do something you are so nervous about? Well, that's how I feel..."

"You'll be fine. I'm going to be there every step of the way. Don't worry." He said helping me out of the car. I stopped as another contraction came. Jim held my arm and waited. Once I was okay we went to Emergency Services. We were taken to a room straight away.

I lay there and they gave me an anesthetic to take some of the pain away. Jim kept asking if I was okay. I told him I was, he looked scared. To be honest, it was probably the only time I'd ever seen him this scared.

Once it was time they took me to the private room where I would give birth. Honestly, I was terrified. I was sweating and my hands were shaking. Jim noticed this and he grabbed my hands and said, "You are going to be fine."

****

I had never felt that much pain in all my life. I now knew what women meant by there is no greater pain than giving birth. By the time it was over I was lying in bed waiting for them to clean our child up. In all the commotion, I was thankful it was over. The doctor brung our baby over and said, "Congratulations. It's a girl. She's beautiful!" He handed her to me and I began to cry. It truly was amazing. To hold something, a baby, my child in my arms. I had felt a wave of emotion I'd never felt before. I love my child. I looked at Jim who was looking at the floor. He looked up at me and smiled wiping a hand over his eyes. He laughed nervously and brushed my hair away which was stuck to my forehead. "We are going to be just fine." Jim whispered.

****

A few days later I was allowed home. Jim carried the baby inside and I followed. Yeah, we hadn't even thought of any names yet.

Later that evening, Jim and I sat in the living room on the sofa looking through baby names. Jim was looking on his phone and I had an old book. "We want a brilliant name for her, Sam." Jim said smirking as he swiped his finger down the screen. "Of course we do." I said laughing. He was really getting into this. "What about, Jennifer? Or Bridget Or-"

"Jennifer Moriarty. Does that sound 'brilliant' as you put it?" I said thinking about it. It wasn't bad you know, and Jennifer was a good name.

What do you think? :)