7. Why do I feel this way?

Narrators POV.

That night, Sam lay in her bed and shut her eyes. She couldn't sleep, but she kept her eyes shut. She didn't want to open them, because she was afraid she may end up crying for her mistake. Suddenly her phone rang. She sighed and opened her eyes reluctantly and took her phone. She answered it without looking at the number. "Hello?" She said sleepily. There was no answer. "Hello?" She said again. Then, whoever was on the opposite end of the line, hung up. She shook her head and put her phone in her pocket and walked down into her kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. She then saw a bottle of vodka. She contemplated whether to drink it or not. She knew that she'd drink all of it and end up passing out. Its happened before. Her conscience fought with her but in the end she ditched the water and sat in the living room with her alcohol. She switched on Netflix and scrolled through the movies. "Boring, boring, boring!" She said after each one. She then decided to watch the episode of Hannibal she hadn't watched yesterday. She poured herself a glass of vodka and watched the TV. The bright glare of the TV shone onto her. It was the only light in the room.

She felt lonely. She shouldn't have felt lonely, but she did. Before HE came, she was just as she is now, watching TV having her best friend Kate. She just felt like something was missing once she returned. She wondered if she was ever going to see him again. 'Probably not' She told herself pouring herself another glass.

Within the next hour she had almost finished the bottle and she was now lying on the sofa asleep.

The next morning she woke to loud banging on the door. She sat up abruptly and looked around. She saw the empty bottle of vodka and sighed. "Fucking idiot. Why did you have to drink it all for?!" She said cursing at herself. She stumbled toward the front door and opened it to find two men looking at her. A tall man with black curly hair shoved past her and walked inside. The shorter man smiled awkwardly and edged his way around the doorway into the house. He could obviously see how messed up Sam was from last night. "Hey!" Sam said slamming the door shut. "You can't just stroll in here! Who the hell are you?" She was dressed in a tank top and booty shorts. She definitely found it inappropriate for them to barge their way in.

"Sherlock Holmes, this is my colleague, John Watson." Sherlock said proceeding to her kitchen. John raised his hand for a small wave before following Sherlock. "No, what are you doing here? Don't touch my stuff for gods sake!" Sam said following them. Sherlock turned to her and smiled. "You look like you've had a high in watching movies with some alcohol." He paused and sniffed. "Yes, vodka I presume. Whatever the reason for that is, isn't my problem. You've been used? By the look of you dressing like that it's no wonder. Bad break up? I'd favor the latter. Now, let me do my job and atop asking questions." He turned back and held his phone out in the air walking around. Sam was shocked at this man and John looked at her apologetically. Sam rolled her eyes and didn't care anymore. She sat on the sofa and ignored them.

"So, bad break up." John asked standing near her, letting Sherlock get on with what he was doing. "What?" She asked. "Sherlock said you had a bad-"

"No, it wasn't a break up, I mean we were never in a relationship." Sam explained. She struggles the urge to cry. She really shouldn't cry though. It wasn't entirely her fault. "Ah, who's the unlucky guy then?" John asked smiling. "Uh, some guy from college." Sam lied. She couldn't tell them them she had had sex with the college English teacher. "Right. Well, he's just trying to find some signal. Your house seemed to be the place for the Wi-Fi to be thriving." John laughed. Sam laughed too. It was nice for her into have company, with people she could actually have a laugh with.. John was that person. Sherlock bounded into the room. "Do you mind if we set up here for today? Possibly tomorrow. This seems to be working here." Sam stood up in shock. "What? Why on earth would you-" John interrupted her. "He's on a case. He's Sherlock Holmes. You haven't heard of him?" He asked. Sam suddenly realized that he was the guy from the papers. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize becuse-"

"Yes because you were drinking last night. Shouldn't so that. Might prove to be fatal one day." He warned. Sam apologized ams went upstairs to change into something more suitable.