1. New Student. New College. New Teachers.

I walked through the corridors to my first lesson with my best friend Kate. We were inseparable. Really. Best of friends were. We were on our way to English when a teacher walked past. He had brown hair gelled up at the front, a bit of stubble, blue eyes and had a great smile. Kate was staring at him and I nudged her. "Earth to Kate!" She turned to me and frowned. "Did you see him. He's Mr. Gregory. He's perfect, oh my god." I laughed and rolled my eyes dragging her with nee. Yeah, I had to admit, in our previous school there were some pretty damn fine teachers. But I made a vow to forget how hot a teacher could possibly be and concentrate on my studies. However, we all know now that Kate had some trouble with that. "Our first lesson. Its English. Room 23." Kate said finally landing back on earth. "Great Kate. But we are here already. Let's go in. No ones here yet."

Kate knocked on the door and opened it. She was blocking my view of whoever was in the classroom. "Hello sir. May we come in and wait?" She asked. "Yeah, sure!" I heard an Irish voice and immediately thought, 'cute' then 'Shut up. Studies not Teachers!!'. I followed Kate inside and when I finally saw our teacher I was really surprised. He was absolutely the definition of perfection. He had black hair slicked back, huge adorable brown eyes, a smile that could kill and overall just a beautiful man. "Is there something wrong?" He asked. Oh shit. I'd been staring for too long. I hadn't even realized. "No. Sorry sir." I replied sitting next to Kate who sat at the front. Kate and I sat quiet for a moment then she whispered. "You like him." How on earth could she possibly know that? "Kate, how do you know that?" I asked her. "I could see your reaction. As soon as I saw him I was like, yep Sam is going to love him." I shook my head. She knew my taste in men too well.

Soon enough, the whole class filed in. "Right. Now we are all here, let's begin. My name is Mr Moriarty. This is my English class. And welcome." He smiled then it suddenly dropped as he picked up a book. He held it up and said,"The Phantom Of The Opera. Written by Gaston Leroux. French Author. You however, will know it as the great adaptation starring Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. Also made by the help of Andrew Lloyd Webber." Oh my. We were going to be studying one of my favorite books and musicals. He began to describe the book. "This novel, is well known all over the world. Far beneath the Paris Opera House, hides the Phantom in a shadowy existence. He is shaved by his physical appearance and he is fears by all. However, the love he holds for his beautiful protégée, Christine Daaé, is so strong and powerful, that even her own heart cannot resist him." He finished turning to look in my direction. He lingered for a moment before turning back to the class saying,"Now, if there is anybody in this room who can tell me what a Protégée is them I'll be very surprised." He said. I knew what it was so I raised my hand. "Yes. Miss Daniels is it?" I nodded. "Yes sir. A Protégée is a person who is guided by an older, more experienced or influential person. So, in this case, the Phantom was teaching Christine to sing. Therefore, she was his protégée." I explained. Mr Moriarty smirked and said,"Well done. You know the story well I presume?" I nodded. "Yes sir. I love this novel and its musical." He smiled again. "Great." Then he looked at me ever so carefully. "So, to make this clear, the Phantom desired Christine more than anything in the world. She was his world. Without her be was nothing. So that is why she was his protégée. Because he loved her endlessly." He smiles a simple smile. Was he aiming this at me? No he can't have been. I mean , it's the first day and I've only just met him. He's my English teacher for gods sake! A bloody teacher!

After a very satisfying lesson, we were dismissed. "Miss Daniels? Please stay behind there is a matter of urgency I need to follow up with you. Please stay behind." He said as I packed my bags. As he walked back to this desk, Kate looked at me and said, "Oh my. He wants to be alone with you. It really is your lucky day." I shoved her and she laughed before leaving.

"What is it sir?" I asked approach in his desk. He got up and shut the door. "Now, I see you know a lot about this topic we shall be studying." He said. "I do sir." I answered. He smiled and said,"Great." He focused his eyes on me before saying,"You are really quite pretty you know. Its good to have a pretty girl in my classes. They get so dull otherwise. But your the prettiest yet." He smirked leaning forward in his chair.

WAIT A MINUTE. HE JUST CALLED ME PRETTY. MY ENGLISH TEACHER JUST CALLED ME PRETTY. AM I DREAMING? LIKE SERIOUSLY.

I coughed and cleared my throat. "Um, I, did you-" I was interrupted by him standing up abruptly. "Yes I just called you beautiful. Deal with it honey." OH MY FUCKING GOSH. Now he's calling me beautiful?! Damn I was definitely dreaming. I looked up at him and brought my hands behind my back. I pinched my arm as hard as I could manage and I soon realized I wasn't dreaming. "Hm. You seem confused. Relax I'm not going to do anything to you. Yet." He winked. Was he seriously flirting with me?! "Um, Sir, I don't- I mean I haven't- What do you mean?" I asked not knowing what I was really talking about. "Let me put it this way. If we were not here in college, I'd have you on this table until you begged for mercy. Twice." He grinned and pulled my waist in to lock with his body. Oh, I think I had just lost my shit at that moment. Was he really- Shut up. Just shut up. I really had to be dreaming. There was no way a teacher would do this. Its totally out of the question.

"Sir, I, you would d-do that to m-me?" I asked. He grinned at me and said, "I said it didn't I? Therefore I meant it." I swallowed and pushed him away from me. "I'm sorry sir. I need to get to my next lesson. I'm already late." I grabbed my bag and before I went Mr Moriarty gave me a late permission slip. I forced out a thank you and then left quickly.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming!! I thought to myself. I turned on the tap and splashed water on my face. This ought to wake me up. I said to myself. But it didn't I was still where I was before. Still! I picked up my bag and left to go to Maths. As I got there I realized that the teacher was actually Mr Gregory. I looked for Kate who had saved me a seat at the back. I handed the slip to Mr Greg and he nodded and told me to take a seat. I happily sat down feeling as though I might collapse any second. Kate looked at me and said, "Where did you disappear off to?" I looked at her and said,"I was sick." I lied to her. I couldn't possibly tell her what happened. Especially not in a classroom full of other students that were probably eavesdropping. "I'm sorry. Do you feel better though? You look a bit traumatized." She said.

Hm. Traumatized. Nice way of putting it. My emotions right now. I told her I was fine then continued the lesson. Although I really couldn't concentrate at all.

I think you all know why.