25. Tragedy.

"I told you that if you didn't give me those files on that phone, you shall receive the consequences." Magnussen laughed and hung up. Moriarty jumped out of the taxi and stared at the mansion for a moment. He suddenly saw Sherlock running into the mansion with his coat over his head.

Jim ran to follow Sherlock inside. He knew Sam was inside and he began to panic. He stopped outside the door and hesitated. He pulled his coat up over his head and went inside. He saw Sherlock struggling to pull something out from some collapsed stairs. "Sherlock!" Jim cried. Sherlock turned to him and said, "Help me with John!" Jim shook his head violently. "Sherlock, where is Sam?! Is she out already?" Jim said hurriedly. "I don't know!" Sherlock quickly turned to John and dragged him out from the staircase and outside. Jim followed anxiously looking around and Sherlock and Jim were coughing already.

"John! John! Wake up! Come on!" Sherlock said slapping his face to get him to come around. John didn't move a muscle. "Jim the mansion is going to collapse!" Sherlock said bringing out his phone. Sherlock called an ambulance and Jim didn't want to wait any longer. If Sam was in there, there was no way he was going to leave her in there and let her die. He wouldn't be able to ever forgive himself.

He pulled his coat back up and ran inside. He ran up the stairs and jumped over the gap between the stairs. He fell to the floor and stumbled up the last few stairs. He looked at one end of the corridor which was all on fire. All he could see was flashes and sparks and thick smoke. The other side leading to his bedroom, was also on fire but he could make out a path. That's the first place he would try.

Jim was hot and sweating. His eyes burned and he tried his best to see his way. He reached the door and went for the handle. He drew back quickly. The metal handle was hot and he decided he had to kick the door down. He suddenly stopped and turned as he heard a crash behind him. Part of the ceiling had fallen down and he realised that Sherlock was right. The building was going to collapse and he had to hurry up. Jim kicked at the door desperately.

Sam was still sitting under the covers. She felt dizzy and she was coughing and spluttering. She didn't dare look out from the covers because she could already feel the heat closing in on her and she could hear the fire crackling.

Sherlock shook John violently. "John! Please!" He cried. He suddenly heard the sirens of the ambulance and fire engine. He sighed in relief as the paramedics came to take John. "There are people inside!" Sherlock said to the firefighters. "It's okay. We'll go inside and help. I suggest you go with your friend, sir." One of the fire fighters told Sherlock. About five fire fighters went inside while the others started to stop the fire.

Sam heard a loud crash which made her jump. She heard muffled voices. Calling her. She looked out quickly and it was Jim. "Oh my god! Jim help!" She cried."Samantha, it's okay. Im coming, just-" Jim was cut off as the ceiling above him crumbed and fell blocking him from the door way. "No!" He screamed. Sam quickly got up with the duvet cover and shouted,"I'm coming! Im coming Jim!" She got off the bed and held her hand out towards Jim. He reached over the large ceiling remains for her hand. They struggled to reach for each other.

Suddenly, there was a loud crack that echoed and was louder than the current atmosphere. Sam's eyes grew side as she knew that the floor beneath her was growing weaker. Jim had never been so scared in his entire life. "Quickly Sam! grab my hand I'll pull you over!" He said desperately reaching for her hand. Sam stretched her arm over the big pieces of ceiling and their fingers were touching.

There was suddenly another loud crack and the floor beneath Sam collapsed and fell, bringing her down with it. Jim screamed her name as he saw her go down. The pieces of the ceiling had fallen too and he looked down into the pit which she had fallen in. She couldn't make her out because of all the smoke. He felt pulling behind him as he tried to see her. The fir fighters had reached him and dragged him out of the mansion.

"No!" He cried, "Sam! She's still in there! I need to get her!" He tried to return to the house but they pulled him back and sat him on the floor. "Sir, we have men inside going to get her. Try and stay calm. We will get her. Dont worry-" Jim didn't listen to them. They were muffled out by the stinging in his ears, and his loud sobbing. The fire ahd destroyed the house and everything in it.

Jim was staring through the door watching the fire escalate as the fire fighters tried to put it out...