10. Angry and Upset.

After college, I walked to my car and threw my bags in the back. I got in the driver seat and turned the key. It wouldn't start, it only rumbled for a few seconds. It wouldn't start at all. I looked round for Kate's car to see if she was still here but there was no sign of her. I got out and opened the bonnet. I checked everything inside but it was an old car. Really, it was second hand. It seemed like it had been passed down from generation to generation. My dad gave it to me once I'd passed my drivers test.

I took out a rag from the boot and cleaned everything, there was an oil blockage in one of the pipes. As I was cleaning I heard a voice behind me. "Do you need help with that?" I turned and saw a boy standing behind me. He obviously went to the college, but he dressed in a plaid shirt and shorts. His hair was a dark brown, and was pushed back but still really loose. He smiled at me waiting for an answer. I noticed his bright blue eyes and realized his hair and eyes looked amazing together.

"Ahem, I'm fine thanks, I just needed to clean it. It should work now." I answered finally. He nodded and said, "Awesome, I'll be in the music studio if you need my help." He smiled and walked away. Music? Cute. Anyway, I tried again and I failed. I banged my head on the steering wheel in annoyance and said, "Why why why," under my breath.

"You'll hurt yourself doing that." Even before I looked up I knew exactly who it was. "What do you want?" I groaned not looking up. "Too much." He mumbled. "No, sorry, I see your stuck can I drive you home?" I looked up at Moriarty and said,"You still have my USB stick." He frowned and reached into his pocket. "Here," he gave it to me and I took it slowly. "Your giving it to me?" I said. "Yes, you gave your other phone away with the locked message so the deals off. You can have it back. Now are you coming out are you staying?" He said exasperatingly. "Fine, I'm coming." I grabbed my bag and locked the car. I followed him to his car and got inside. It smelt so good, it smelt of him and I- Shut up, don't think about him. Remember the last time you were too emotionally attached to him? You got used. So stop it. Ugh. My conscience had total control over me these past few days.

"Oh, I live-" I began to tell him where I lived but I was cut off. "I know where you live." See? He's a stalker, get out of the car doofus! Ugh. I wish my conscience would shut up. "So, your not angry that I gave the phone away? With government top secret files on it?" I asked. "No, it doesn't matter. They won't figure it out. Besides, its not secret anymore. I own secrecy." He replied keeping his eyes on the road. "Um, can I ask you something?" I said. He nodded and I proceeded. "Well, you seem to know a lot of people and a lot about them, so I was wondering if you knew who my parents were?" I asked hoping to get an answer. He didn't answer instead he kept his eyes on the road and out the AI conditioning on. "It's just that, the went missing as I was young and I don't know what happened to them. I haven't heard from them since the day they were missing and I just-" My words got caught in my throat. I coughed and looked up at him, his eyes seemed to have darkened and he began shaking his head. "No. I didn't know them." He simply said. We arrived outside my house and John must have seen because he was looking out the window. I waved and looked round at Moriarty.

"Um, what can I call you by the way?" I said not really knowing his position in the world. "Jim." He said. "Um okay. Jim?" I asked. "What?" He said. Realizing he hasn't looked t me for the whole journey I decided to apologize. "I'm sorry for lying. I just- something came up and I needed to do that to sort it out." He nodded and turned to me. "So you used me to get tour information did you? Am I just a piece of shit you can throw around and not care about?" He said getting angry. "What? No! I just-" I stopped myself. He was feeling used?! I was feeling used! Was it right that I felt used? Or was he the one being used? Everything was so confusing I really couldn't understand it. "You just what?" He said glaring at me. "I just- I- I don't know." I said. I looked back at the house and John wasn't at the window anymore. I turned back and Moriarty was out of the car. I got out as well and said,"I shouldn't have done it, but neither should you. I mean you did it as much as me, look what you did to me that first morning in English? I hardly knew you, you were my 'teacher'. And I thought, that this potential job I could find out who my parents where because-"

"Job? What job are you talking about?" He spat. I swallowed, there seemed to be a lump in my throat but it wouldn't disappear. "Don't worry. It wasn't- don't worry." I said. "You don't understand how angry I am, because I can't say anything. No matter how hard I try, I can't physically say how I feel because its too hard for me. I haven't-" he stopped. He shook his head a d for in his car. He then drove off. I stood there on the pavement feeling like I could just fall asleep and never wake up to this stress.

I walked inside and threw my bag on the sofa. "Sam? Are you okay?" John asked. I glared at him before going to my room. I slammed the door. I put some rock radio channel on and got in the shower without bothering to get undressed. I sat there in the shower with the cold water dripping all over me. The water was needed to hide my tears. And I really didn't understand what he did, or why he made me feel this way. Its like I cared about him, more than I should.