23. This Can't Be Happening....

Narrators POV.

*At Magnussen's Home*

"Is the deed done?" Magnussen asked looking out the window and speaking into his phone.

"Yes Mr Magnussen. Just as you said. It's probably gotten a lot worse by now." The man on the other end spoke in a fast tone as though he had been running.

"Perfect. Expect your money in the bank by noon tomorrow." Magnussen said. With that he hung up and chuckled to himself, smirking as he walked away from the window.

*Back at Moriarty's Mansion*

"Wow. John that's fantastic." Sam said intrigued by John's stories. "I know. And I just wish- hold on." John stopped and got up quickly. "What's wrong?" Sam asked. "Can't you smell that?" John said. "What John?" Sam said standing up. "The smokey smell Sam! Stay there!" He said as he opened the door. Thick black smoke suddenly began to fill the room. John quickly shut the door and said, "Jesus Sam. There's a fire. Quickly call the fire brigade." Sam panicked and looked around for her phone. "I can't my phone is downstairs!" She shouted panicking. "Jesus, Sam. I left mine with Sherlock!" John replied. "Stay here. Put a towel under the door or something. Do not move out of this room!" John quickly opened the door and left Sam alone. The door slammed after him and Sam did what she was told to do.

John ran down the corridor and to the stairs. His mouth gaped open. The whole bottom floor was on fire. Everything was on fire. He could only just make out the front door. There was smoke everywhere and the fire was getting bigger. He needed to find help ASAP. "How in the bloody hell did this happen?!" John shouted. The stairs were only clear a little however John took the risk of going down them.

Sam was upstairs. She looked around her and noticed the phone Mycroft had given back to her. She grabbed it and called 999. She had forgotten about the phone earlier because she had gone without it for ages. "Hello?" The operator said. "Hello! Help there's a fire!" Sam gave the woman the address and she said,"Stay calm the fire brigade will be with you as soon as possible."

"Thank you!" Sam replied. She hung up and grabbed the duvet cover. She wrapped herself in it and sat on the bed. She wanted to see if John was okay but she knew she had to stay in her room.

*At Lestrade's office*

Sherlock and Lestrade were talking about a study in pink. Lestrade was still wondering how Sherlock managed to get his hands on the suitcase. Donovan suddenly bounded into the room. "Lestrade, there's a massive fire and you need to send the authorities now!" She said. "Yes yes alright! Where is it?" He said. She handed him a piece of paper with all the details on. Sherlock looked over his shoulder and recognized the address. "John!" He exclaimed running out of the room. He ran and stopped someone on a motorbike. He took their bike and made his way to John.

*Moriarty's Mansion*

John was slowly edging his way down the stairs when he heard a crack. Suddenly, the wooden steps he was standing on collapsed and he feel into a pit under the stairs and hit his head on his way down. His vision suddenly became blurry and his words were slurred. He tried shouting but nothing would come out. The heat folded in around his ears, the fire burned all around him and he became unconscious...