27. I Didn't Know.

"Okay." Jim said, willing to hear anything she had to say. "Well, I'm uh, I'm pregnant Jim." She managed to say shakily. Jim's face turned to horror art the shock. "Your pregnant?" He said. Sam nodded afraid of what he might do. Sam nodded slightly. "And it's mine?" Jim asked feeling confused. "Yes Jim." Sam replied. "God Sam. How long has it been?" He asked feeling weird. "Three months, four in a few days." Sam said quietly. "Jesus is it okay? I mean the fire, and the fall and-" Sam cut him off. "I don't know. The doctors haven't told me yet. Jim, I need to know if you want this child. If we can bring a child up. I'm not being funny, but your a criminal and I've just finished college with no job and I have no money. We need to be realistic here. Do you want to raise a child. Your own child, our child." Jim looked at her surprised and anxious. "Of it's our baby, then I'd do anything for it. Sam, I love you and if that child is apart of you then I'd love it just as much." He forced a smile as he was still too surprised to show any proper emotions. Sam smiled at him and a feeling of relief rushed over her. "Good. Thank you Jim." She said happily.

"But Sam, we can't tell anybody about this." He warned. "Why Jim?" Sam frowned. "Because I have a lot of enemies. It makes the child vulnerable and in danger. Keep this between ourselves. Nobody knows do they?" He asked. "Um, Sherlock and John do.." Sam said. "Okay, I'll speak with them personally. Get some rest yeah?" He said standing up. Before Jim left he felt sick. "God Sam. I hope our baby is okay. I'd it's not, I don't know what we are going to do." He then left. Sam smiled because she knew him cared. But her smoke quickly faded because she was worried about the baby.

Jim found Sherlock in John's room and he quietly walked in. John was asleep, well it looked that way. "Um, h-how is he?" Jim said awkwardly. "He's going to pull through." Sherlock said. "Has he woken up?" Jim asked. Sherlock got up quickly and said, "Not yet." He was slightly worried and Jim could tell. "Sam's pregnant." Jim said. "We know." Sherlock said smiling slightly. "Keep it to yourselves. Tell nobody, if anyone finds out then that child is in danger. I have far too many enemies so I need to keep it a secret and so do you." Jim told him. "Fine. But only for Sam.." Sherlock said eyeing Jim suspiciously. "How is the baby?" Sherlock added. "We don't know yet. The doctor hasn't gotten back to us." Jim sighed unsteadily. "My god Jim." Sherlock said. "She's really got a hold on you hasn't she?" He said. Jim scowled at Sherlock. "Shut up. I know she has. She's amazing. I never thought someone so ordinary could catch me and I can't escape now." Jim said thinking deeply.

Sherlock rolled his eyes and decided to change the subject. "The phone, where is it?" He asked. Panic was stricken on Jim's face as he heard those words. "I don't know. It was in the house its probably burnt to a crisp now." Which was true. The phone was in the house. "What was on that phone anyway?" Sherlock said. "Her parents." Jim told him. "Everything she wanted to know about her parents was all stored on that phone. All she had to do was unlock it and shed have all the answers." Jim said. Sherlock frowned. "So you hacked into some top secret system to get that information for her?" Sherlock said. Jim shook his head. "No Sherlock. I did something much worse. I know everything about them, because I knew them." Sherlock shuffled on his feet and waited for Jim to continue.

Jim sighed. "I killed them Sherlock."

***

Back in Sam's room she lay there staring at her phone. Not her new phone, the password protected phone. Yes, she had it in her pocket all along from when she rang the emergency services. She saw the password entry screen. She wanted to unlock it. But the password just didn't come to her. She knew there was one try left and she didn't want to waste it.

***

Sherlock stared at Jim. Perplexed as to why Jim had told him this information. "Sherlock I can't truly love someone who I've decided. I can't. It doesn't feel right." Sherlock shook his head. "Jim, I think you have a decision to make. Either tell her the truth, or don't tell her. It's your choice." Sherlock said sitting back down next to John. Jim waited for a moment before leaving.

Should he tell her? Or should he not tell her? If he tells her, will it break their relationship? Or should he keep it strong by keeping it a secret...