20. The Court Session. Continued.

"You are 20 years old. Jim Moriarty is 37. That's 17 years difference." The barrister said. "I've told you. I don't care. Honestly, what is it with you people and age difference?" I said getting annoyed. "You people?" She asked disapproving of my comment. "I'm sorry. Forgive me." I said. "How long have you known Jim? Samantha?" She continued. "Well, I've known him for, about three weeks." I answered. "Has Mr Moriarty shown an interest in you in those three weeks?" She said. I think she was enjoying this. I struggled for words. I looked up at John and Sherlock and they both frowned at me. They couldn't understand how I could like someone like Jim. Jim was now looking at me with a slight smirk. I swallowed and looked back down at the witness box then back to the barrister. "He only showed some interest." I said, not sure if I should tell everybody the whole truth. "You go to college don't you, Miss Daniels?" She asked. "Yes, I'll be leaving there in a few months. After my final exams." I told her. "So I think, as a girl of your age and potential, you are intelligent and smart and don't you think you should be concentrating on your studies and not older men?" I rolled my eyes. "Trust me. I told myself that on my first day." I answered. "So, you've known Mr Moriarty for three weeks?" She said ignoring my answer to her previous question. "Yes." I said. "Have you and Mr Moriarty shared any kind of, sexual contact?" She asked. I was outraged. "Is that any of your business? That was totally out of line! Who gives you the right to ask these questions?!" I lost it all and the Judge answered my angry questions. "I do Miss Daniels! Now calm down. Let us proceed." He said. I scowled and turned back to the barrister. "No further questions you honor." She said smiling almost. "What?" I said."Your reaction told me the answer I needed therefore I have no further questions." I scowled at her and shook my head. I walked round and glanced at Jim. He winked at me and smirked. Way to go, winking and smirking so everybody knows. Thanks a lot.

Sherlock was next again and he stood in the witness box. I took my seat next to John. He didn't look at me a once. Great!

"A 'consulting criminal'." The barrister said to Sherlock. "Yes." He said. "Your words. Can you expand on that answer?" She said flicking through some paper. "James Moriarty is for hire." He said.

"A tradesman?"

"Yes." Sherlock stated. "But not the sort who'd fix your heating." She replied. "No, the sort who'd plant a bomb or stage an assassination, but I'm sure he'd make a pretty decent job of your boiler." Sherlock said. "Would you describe him as ..." The barrister was cut off by Sherlock. "Leading."

"What?"

"Can't do that. You're leading the witness. He'll object and the judge will uphold." Sherlock explained. I smiled slightly as he corrected her. "Mr Holmes." The judge said sighing. "Ask me how. How would I describe him? What opinion have I formed of him? Do they not teach you this?" Sherlock persisted. "Mr Holmes, we're fine without your help." The judge informed him. "How would you describe this man - his character?" The barrister asked.

"First mistake. James Moriarty isn't a man at all - he's a spider; a spider at the center of a web - a criminal web with a thousand threads and he knows precisely how each and every single one of them dances." As Sherlock said this his words intrigued me.

"And how long ..." The barrister was soon but off by Sherlock again. "No, no, don't-don't do that. That's really not a good question."

"Mr Holmes." The judge said angrily. "How long have I known him? Not really your best line of enquiry. We met twice, five minutes in total. I pulled a gun; he tried to blow me up. I felt we had a special something." Sherlock said sarcastically. "Are you seriously claiming this man is an expert, after knowing the accused for just five minutes?" The judge asked. "Two minutes would have made me an expert. Five was ample." Sherlock said. God he really was a smartarse wasn't he? "Mr Holmes, that's a matter for the jury." The judge said. "Oh, really?" Sherlock said. I looked at John who was shaking his head. "One librarian; two teachers; two high-pressured jobs, probably the City. The foreman's a medical secretary, trained abroad judging by her shorthand." Sherlock said all this extremely quickly. I was amazed. "Mr Holmes!" The judge exclaimed. "Seven are married and two are having an affair - with each other, it would seem! Oh, and they've just had tea and biscuits. Would you like to know who ate the wafer?" Sherlock said. "Mr Holmes. You've been called here to answer Miss Sorrel's questions, not to give us a display of your intellectual prowess. Keep your answers brief and to the point. Anything else will be treated as contempt. Do you think you could survive for just a few minutes without showing off?" The judge told him sternly. Unfortunately, Sherlock failed at this and was put into a prison cell.

"That's Sherlock for you." John said walking past me. I followed him. We waited in the reception for Sherlock. "So, what do you think will happen John?" I asked. He looked at me. "I don't know. Are you feeling okay?" He asked. "Yes, fine why?" I asked. "You just seem like your sick. Are you ill? Do you feel sick?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, I mean, maybe a bit sickly but I think its because I was nervous." John nodded. "Gosh, John I'm starving. I'm going to get something to eat, do you want anything?" I asked. John frowned and told me he didn't. I then went to the shop to get something to eat.

Once I got back I had finished my food and I sat back next to John. We waited for about 20 minutes before I said to John, "Where are the toilets?"

"Straight up the corridor on the left." He answered. "Thanks. I don't feel so good." I quickly got up and went to the toilet.

Once I came back I sat down and John said, "Are you okay?"

"Not really. I was just sick. Honestly, I don't know why, it just came all of a sudden." I answered. "Do you want to go home?" He asked. "No. I'm alright." I answered.

Why sis I feel I'll all of a sudden? Seriously. I didn't understand...